Just a reminder!

10 Likes

It is this Pride Month that I ask you all to read the Terror by Torchlight short story, also known as The Gays Save Duskwood.

9 Likes

Thank you for reminding me!

5 Likes

it’s actually gay sloth month because my bisexual trans butt is sitting in the sun and not moving

5 Likes

Self care takes many forms. Sometimes, that self care involves sitting still and resting for a while and not feeling guilty about it.

2 Likes

oh absolutely. i recently went thru a depressive episode and nearly failed my classes. so i’m taking the summer off to rest my brain and focus on my creative endeavors, and return to class in the fall with a refreshed mind and the straight As I know I can get. I’ve been a high marks student for the past year but I haven’t really taken a break, so it’s my time to rest.

2 Likes

Or you can be like me, being anxious because I’m not relaxing on my day off and I really need to relax otherwise I’m gonna have another nervous breakdown at work.

Which, thanks brain, that helps a lot.

1 Like

I’m still adjusting to the idea of self care. It was a new concept for me when in when into an intense group therapy setting a few years back. On a brighter note, I started with a new therapist today. (haven’t been therapy for a bit) I really like her.

3 Likes

Had a talk with my therapist about actually doing stuff that’s relaxing and he gave me a good quote: “Don’t let self care become self destruction. Work will be there tomorrow, you are here today.”

4 Likes