Junker gnomes. Where does the name of these come from?

So at blizzcon, these cyborg gnomes were referred to as mechagnomes. Yet many have also suggested that mechagnomes is actually more applicable to the fully machine mechagnomes. However what I am unsure is where the origin of this Junker gnome name comes from and if it is technically their official name?

1 Like

They live in a giant junk yard in kul tirus so the name kinda fits

There was also some datamined stuff referring to them as such.

1 Like

They better act like Junkions and play weird al when they come riding in.

2 Likes

That would actually be even cooler. Too bad they’re still fleshy.
There were suggestions that the fully robotic mechagnomes be playable and let them be “druids” that turn into fully robotic animal forms.
I’d joked at one point that they could be paladins of the Allspark. :stuck_out_tongue:

The only thing stopping them from being druids in my eyes (and I have wanted it for awhile because mecha forms are tight) is resto. The other three specs would work out fine (especially balance with LITERAL LASERS), but I can’t see how you are supposed to heal as a mechanical tree ESPECIALLY since it is the most “nature” based spec of the 4.

Junkergnome Caverns.

1 Like

They are flesh gnomes that literally have used random junk to replace body parts. Whether these body parts were lost by accident or purposefully removed hasn’t been determined yet.

I don’t particularly like the name but I think there should be a distinction between them and actual mechagnomes. When I heard about the possibility of a mechagnome allied race I thought of the ones from Northrend. The fully mechanical Titan-forged progenitors to modern gnomes. That there is a way to reverse the curse of flesh to turn a gnome into a mechagnome and that some of the ones we saved preferred being robots. Add in the repeated comments that gnomes want to be robots that they’ve been dropping in BfA and I thought that’s what we’d get. Apparently they meant cyborg gnomes. Shame, they might finally have retaken Gnomregan with fully mechanical, radiation proof bodies.

1 Like

https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Junkertown

1 Like

Those gnomes are the one I wanted not cyborg gnomes.

1 Like

Gnomes are great. Mechagnomes are cool too. Junker Gnomes are hideous abominations with cringe set to max.

Mechagnomes are those who seek to replace their entire body of flesh with robotic parts. They see this as the way to defeat the curse of flesh.

Junker gnomes are those who decided to rebel against this process. They are incomplete and only partially transformed. They are outcasts in Mechagnome society.

Isn’t the canon name “Mechagnomes” as it was written on their reveal concept art?

I’m thinking that was a mess up or something as mechagnome is the fully robotic gnomish race from Northrend that people have been wanting to play as for ages.

Then again maybe they were reusing it since “Junker” might sound negative.