[June 7th] Can't log back in / World server down issues

Hey all,

An issue occurred at one of the US data centers that caused this earlier. Things have recovered and appear stable now so you all should be able to log back in.

Thanks for the reports!

1 Like

Blue Post says “things have recovered and appear stable now so you should be able to log back in”.

A complete logon is not successful for me. Get to character screen, then select a character and enter world button. Loading screen appears, then after about 60 seconds an error message is returned indicating “Character not found”

3 Likes

US West servers are broken for me. I can’t login or create characters on any. I am able to get onto or create characters on US East servers fine.

I have a black screen when I log in and all my characters are missing. Still broken to me. This really sucks I only have a little time to pay and now I don’t get to… sigh. Classic Blizz… it’s just like when Classic released and there was problems everywhere. Guess I will try again in 24 hours.

2 Likes

Same issue. Black screen on character select. Loading screen stuck at 75% and kicks back to “Character not found”. Can’t create new characters either, East or West.

2 Likes

facing the same issue here, loading screen just hangs for a moment after selecting character and afterwards, states that character not found. Oceanic Arugal server here. Classic TBC.

2 Likes

Exactly the same problem. It seemed to start about 10-15 minutes ago when I closed my game and the Battle.net client downloaded some small amount of data.

Beware logging out and closing your game, everybody! Whatever it downloaded seems to have broken the ability to log in.

1 Like

Agreed! This is most definitely NOT solved.

1 Like

not solved. still can not login here.

1 Like

Same exact issue on Old Blanchy Classic Server. See the characters. Can’t log into any of them. Can’t create a new one. First time this has happened.

1 Like

I’m on Old Blanchy as well, can’t get in. However, my wife’s characters and our guildies don’t have any issue getting in. I have no clue what the difference is.

1 Like

Yerp I have a whole lot of guildies in game atm. It seems logging out is the issue. Warn them not to log out what so ever right now. Guess we have to wait it out.

1 Like

Kurinaxx is hit as well, can’t log on, but others on the server seem to have no issue?

1 Like

Thunderfury & Arcanite Reaper, all characters get “Character Not Found” after taking a very long time to load.

Retail works fine.

1 Like

Yeah I tried to log into retail as well. Worked just fine (even though I don’t play retail atm). I did though find another thread with some retail players hitting the same problem.

1 Like

my guildies are still playing. only me can not login

1 Like

Would be nice to play the game blizzard…

2 Likes
  1. Restarted Blizzard Launcher several times, no effect
  2. Restarted my PC, no effect
  3. Backed up and then deleted C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\data\cache folder, was able to logon.

The last item done may be just circumstantial, but I am logged in now.

2 Likes

Can confirm, I’m in, although I deleted the entire classic folder and then replaced my backed up Interface and WTF folders.

Can also confirm. I literally went in and deleted my entire classic folder. Then logged into battle.net and let it replace the folder. Took a few seconds. Was able to log in. You rock @Ellyse