July 8 Alpha Build 35708: DEMO INTERRUPT ON FG + Blue post + tldr livestream

Warlock tldr changes

• DEMONOLOGY WARLOCKS HAVE AN INTERRUPT I REPEAT WE HAVE INTERRUPT, Axe Toss will now interrupt in Shadowlands
  • new Rain of Chaos Talent from last build (reworked Lord of Flames from Legion) got a 5% buff, so now every Soul Shard has a 20% chance to summon an Infernal, up from 15%
  • There’s some uncategorized spells that may be either Legendary abilities or new Torghast stuff
  • That’s it lmao

Livestream tldr

• Collector’s Edition will have pins, soundtrack, artbook (I love pins)
  • Beta next week
  • Character copy on beta will happen, they want end to end testing
  • Mission table talked about… (flaming hot mess in my opinion)

Blue post tldr

• Agony and Inevitable Demise buffed
  • Confirmation of Axe Toss interrupt
  • Soul Fire buffed barely
  • Rain of Chaos infernals don’t stun lmao
7 Likes

Not this again. :frowning:

8 Likes

Wrath of consumption seems strong, but im excited for 15% of a second hand of guldan!

This does fix our problem, but now i cant use my stun as i see fit anymore. Really dont understand why we cant have grimoire: call felhunter as a quick interrupt and repurposed the felhunter to reduce the cooldown of that while he is active. But small steps, it has taken 15 years to get us an interrupt i guess.

demo lock got pet kick on stun

Can’t believe they double downed on Rain of Chaos… once more people get to play with it I’m sure they’ll see how broken it’s potential is (god I hope so).

I’ll say it again: Give us Lord of Flames and avoid player frustration and balancing issues. Scale the infernal damage down, drop the shard generation and it’ll be a good burst AoE talent.

1 Like

10 Likes

Im worried about this too. Im worried about the balance of it, but thematically it looks freaking awesome and is inline with what warlocks should do.

edit: also theres some legendaries that works universal, like mark of borrowed power gives puppies a 25% chance to refund all shards (why? we have talent for this) that isnt currenrly reading on the text.

That’s the legendary from Legion, are they trolling us?

Blue post

1 Like

“does not affect pvp combat”

i mean, why not? if they are stun immune, why cant i still interrupt them?
This really seems like someone has a stick up their butt about not giving us a reliable interrupt because its always been tied to a pet. Times change, we need to change with it. Its fun and interesting up until the part where you dont have a choice over your pet.

2 Likes

This is the most likely reason why.

2 Likes

Yes, another reason this is only a bandaid. I dont dislike it, but id have handled it differently.

Lots of good changes today! I am really glad they listened on the axe toss interrupt. Thank you! Now, lets get that pet summon cast time fixed.

I am increasingly getting the creeping suspicion that Inevitable Demise + Soul Rot is not going to end well, especially after this buff. It’s a really cool synergy and I hope they can preserve it, I just wish the other covenants double-dipped as much as Night Fae/Necrolord do with Affliction.

Its getting really hard for me to pick which Spec i want to focus on at the start of Shadowlands. I am liking what i see so far with the three lock specs

1 Like

The soulfire buff makes it even more stronger. This is awesome. Its good to have another strong damage spell other than chaosbolt.

This isnt a band aid. This is a good compromise. Warlocks dont need a counterspell when they have a felhunter… stop trying to homogenize this class.

Rain of chaos is a cool spell

1 Like

Exactly. A compromise. We shouldnt need to compromise, we should be stronger! I dont find it unreasonable that warlocks, especially if they keep 6 sec pet summons, have a baseline interrupt. Why are we left out if only for flavor? It is as simple as haveing grim: felhunter as baseline (maybe double the current CD?) and have the felpup make that cooldown x2 as fast.

Ill accept the interrupt, but i will not compromise. I AM A WARLOCK. I am tired of not getting things or getting them taken away, or given to me with stupid restrictions.

7 Likes

its a bandaid solution that is functional but still has problems. get out with this homogenization stuff, that stopped being the case when situations demanded multiple short CD interrupts which demo flat out did not have AT ALL while being able to do its standard damage and use 2 talents we are guaranteed to be specced into. the idea wasnt to give warlock 2 kicks. it was to give it one baseline and have felhunter purge be command demon as a tradeoff. that way demo could interrupt without A - a 6 second cast prior to the event and B - losing 2 significant talents and a chunk of baseline damage.

7 Likes

Reminder what the most articulated interrupt solutions were:

1 Like