Joyous Journeys!

I mean, to be fair I think that the biggest issues we have in the Classic series are related to server populations and lack of incentives/motivation for people to form communities/organize content groups.

And I don’t think that we’ve seen much in the way of any meaningful attempts to address these things.

I don’t however think that RDF or anything that has been implemented in Retail is a particularly solid “solution” to these things as at least for one reason, those solutions lead to Retail, which we can just go and play, but also some of us don’t want to for the very reasons that the solutions they’ve implemented changed the game!

Theyve publicly announced no RDF on 3 separate occasions and went silent about it because if you need to tell somebody something more than 3 times; they obviously arent listening in the first place.

1. RDF was in the Wrath patch that we’re playing now. So it’s part of Wrath, not a “path to retail”
  2. JJ is a bandaid replacement for RAF. A LOT of altaholics did RAF, which gave SIGNIFICANTLY bigger XP bonuses. I know my wife and I did this back in OG.
  3. Server mergers are no different than the battle group creations that resolved the same issues we have now back in OG. With the exception that the game isn’t growing this time, it’s dwindling.

All of this was done in OG in one form or another IN WRATH because the dev team was smart enough to see the problems before they festered.

This group is doing the same mistakes Carbine did with Wildstar, and I’m heartbroken that I see Blizzard going in the same downward spiral direction.

1 Like

Why not just say you didn’t play original WOTLK? Everyone was leveling alts with RAF, which was a far steeper XP bonus. 300%+ your secondary account could grant 50% of the levels it gained to the parent account.

If we want the real experience, I’m all for them putting RAF in again, buy joyous journeys seems like a better compromise.

1 Like

I mean, Wrath is very much a path to Retail. It’s closer to Retail than Vanilla in a few meaningful ways already and depending on how you choose to define Retail.

That’s an interesting perspective. I haven’t heard much of an argument for bringing back RaF (or being able to transfer toons from account to account that you own, which I did back in the day) recently.

Maybe!

I know that for me, I’ve had to pay to transfer on occasion to continue enjoying playing. I could have also chosen to reroll, which I have also done a couple of times. Not really an ideal situation, but none of this would be solved with RDF or JJ.

Server populations seem to change over time and either become massively one-sided servers or die out completely. I think this is a major issue, but I’m not sure that there is a reasonable business case to made to allocate resources towards resolving it.

I’m not convinced that there’s a clear case to be made that making things easier, more accessible, and automated lead to the game being better, either…

If you don’t already have the alts you want up to 80 by now 8 months into wrath, you don’t really care about them much. JJ isn’t needed. 8 months is plenty of time for even the most casuals of casuals to get a few alts to 80.

This is just about the dumbest thing I’ve ever read!

5 Likes

They have said they’re not adding it. People just think if they spam enough they can get their way.

Einstein’s definition of insanity.

1 Like

So Snipy what you are saying is that I should abandon my raiding guild I’m in with my alts, try to scope these forums to find everyone who like to level alts. Abandon my server where all my gold, and progress is and go join that. Then hopefully we all wanna play on the same style of server, on the same faction, and we can all keep pace with each other. Is that your honest solution?

Wow…

1 Like

Is that your honest situation?

You’re in a raiding guild, you have gold and you’re set up, yet you spend all your time leveling alt after alt, and you somehow have to completely abandon whatever raiding characters you have, your friends and guild if you dare decide that you want to level some characters that aren’t going to raid with them?

Sounds sus.

Actually yes…lol Im dedicated to my guild on Mankirk. My RL friends are in the guild. Yes im an altaholic, I have a 80 hunter, DK, Priest and Pally. Im working on a Mage now. Yes all my gold is in those characters.

Why is that a hard concept, are you that narrow minded. My lord…the fact that you call that being “sus” tell me everything about the kind of player you are.

“Youre dedicated to one server with your friends and level other characters based on that how the game is played? You dont wanna leave where all your gold and your banking toon? That suspicious”

Wow.

It’s not a hard concept, and I don’t feel that I’m being narrowminded. You seem to be making a strawman argument and suggesting that that’s my point of view. That’s just an argument for the sake of arguing.

OK. Make up your mind and argue with people. You win!

Then don’t leave. I’m not sure what sorts of problems you have, nor why you decided to try to argue with me about nothing.

Have a great day, and enjoy your time in WoW :slight_smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How am I arguing when you are the one saying “Well if people wanna level then go leave everything and go all level together” basically.

The problem is I used logic against your idea, and now you realize how dumb it sounds and you are back pedaling lol.

Take the L and walk it off.

1 Like

That’s not what I’m saying at all. You made that strawman and are pretending that I said it in order to argue.

You’re just arguing with yourself. Anyway, have a great day :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:
Sure thing my guy.

1 Like

You can hit max lv in retail in like 20 hours

These aren’t mutually exclusive things.

Wrath Classic is a limited time, meant to die, offshoot game of Classic. All Wrarh does is generate income since the team working on it is small.

I don’t care either way because I’ll be shutting that trash off.

You may not enjoy something that takes to long. You may enjoy the same thing if it’s not as long. See how that works, considering joy is subjective but sure throw out another classic crappy drain take.

1 Like

Neither is what you want the game to be.