Joyous Journeys!

Hello Blizzard & my fellow Classic WotLK Enjoyers,

I'd like to start by saying Joyous Journeys buff would make the grind for alts so much more enjoyable. Currently it just takes too much time to grind up to 80 that I end up getting bored and leave the alt sitting there around lvl 25-35. I just don't see a reason to take JJ away, Raiding is my favorite thing to do and when I've run out of lock outs on my 2 80's I just don't feel like grinding out levels at a snail's pace. We all loved JJ so why not keep it at all times?? 

Now some of you neigh sayers may be against it but I would argue what’s wrong with having multiple alts ready to raid ICC, PvP season, or have crafting profession/farming alts? I know I’d like at least 2 more 80’s before ICC but as a grown man with a family I don’t have the time to level them, let alone do that and raid. I appreciate honest feedback from everyone.

Your’s truly,

Vingar/Havingar - Ashkandi

11 Likes

If they bring JJ I’d be happy, but if they don’t communicate on RDF in the same post announcing it I’ll be annoyed.

11 Likes

What is it they are not communicating? I was under the impression Blizz stated no rdf in Wrath. Am I missing something?

OT: Perhaps they will do a weekend JJ before they drop TotGC.

1 Like

You’re right, they announced it prior to the release of Wrath. However; the state of the game suggests that adding in RDF would be more beneficial to the long term health of the game even if it sacrifices some social aspects. Make it server based only if needed.

I think we’ve all seen the multiple threads and forum post about it. A simple “hey, we have no plans on ever implementing it” or “hey, we’ll implement it on X patch” would just squash the conversation.

6 Likes

I disagree. The people complaining will only get louder if they reiterate their intentions. The vast majority of the player base has moved on. Imo revisiting the topic would only encourage the vocal supporters and flood the forums with more QQ.

The only valid reason for a blue to even mention rdf would be if they were capitulating. If they do, I would think it would be with ICC but who knows with Blizz.

3 Likes

Adding in JJ is beneficial in so many ways;

1. More active people / returning players - people who want to try another class but don’t want to dedicate as much time leveling

2. Gold sinks - players buying gear / consums. / craftables / resources

3. More runs - players running more VoA’s, heroics, normals, raids, etc.

This isn’t a debate, it’s mere fact. If any one person fails to see how it’s beneficial your hyper-tribalism of “classic” is clouding your judgement to see how it’s better for longevity.

7 Likes

“I want to play Classic but nerf leveling into the ground so it’s more like retail”

why not just go play retail

4 Likes

I’ve heard rumors they are bringing it back.

You could just go to Era if levelling is your favorite part of the game. Levelling is like 5% of the activity you do on your character in an expansions life span. Its ok to rush through it.

5 Likes

because it isn’t in the form of wrath of the lich king.

1 Like

Another hilarious tunnel dogs take LOLOLOL.

Yes providing incentive for our 10th character to level basically makes it retail!

Typical L

8 Likes

Not really. JJ made leveling a little faster. In retail you can grind dungeons and get 2 to 3 levels starting off. In classic its harder to dungeon grind, you actually have to do the quest and honestly gear is relevant. At least in classic a piece of gear will last me up to 7 levels, in retail its replaced every level bc of scaling.

JJ made leveling enjoyable, It wasnt to fast but wasnt to slow. Nothing compared to how fast retail levels.

3 Likes

Barking up the wrong tree. It doesn’t make leveling any more enjoyable what so ever. It just makes it faster, a way to ignore/skip the problems rather than fix them.

What they actually need to do is merge realms and/or put in RDF for old dungeons. Fix a problem at its source. Don’t just treat a symptom.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wrath-damage-control/1590379
:axe:

Saying it doesn’t make it more enjoyable is an opinion. I enjoy leveling myself just want a boost is all.

2 Likes

Having seasonal Joyous Journeys would most likely be a huge boon to the leveling scene whenever it’s active. Having it be a permanent thing would most likely have no net effect as it would become normal, i.e. exactly what we have now.

The same may well be true for RDF. In either case though, Retail currently has must faster leveling and RDF.

One thing to keep in mind, if all the people who seem to enjoy leveling alt after alt after alt just got together and formed a guild to play together, they could probably have enough to form a dungeon group regularly.

That would require them to all be on the same server… And not spread out over a dozen dead ones and several locked ones.

2 Likes

Yep! It definitely requires someone to do some coordinating/organizing and those whose playstyle is leveling alt after alt after alt to follow along.

Do you even realize the front end scope of what you’re suggesting? You’re talking about almost a month+ long project to even get something like that going at a bare minimal level of success. In addition to dozens of hours of logistical work on players end so THEY CAN PLAY THE GAME THE WAY THEY WANT TO WITH CONTENT BLIZZARD HAS PROVIDED!!

This is beyond absurd at this point. Blizzard, being the developer, has a decent level of responsibility to facilitate. Especially if they want to keep the dwindling Wrath+ player base.

1. Merge servers
  2. Add RDF for 1-80 and normal heroics
  3. Do periodic JJ weekends of some sort like PVP weekends.

At this point the player base is DONE trying to fix the devs mistakes by bandaiding and making their own fun. It’s on Blizzard to fix their broken product.
This is NOT a player created problem, this is a Blizzard problem, created by their level of apathy for the game.

2 Likes

For people who like to dungeon level on alts to roll alts on the same server?

LoL! I mean if anyone at all cared even a little, they’d just do it. I don’t think anybody cares at this point, to be frank.

People just want something to complain about, and they’re happy complaining rather than solving issues.

1 Like

NO!

People want Blizzard to take bold action to save their own game and product.

We’re sick and tired of watching this once great company wallow in the gutter and swim in sewage.

We want to see real leadership appear and start the hard work of repairing their destructive policies.

I want the company I fell in love with as a teenager back when I popped in “The Lost Vikings” into my SNES. Right now this ain’t it.

And constantly blaming the CUSTOMER for it is beyond old. The horse is glue. It’s time for someone at Blizzard to be an adult and step up and start owning a level of accountability.

4 Likes