Job Market in warcraft

I pulled this from the “Dear Blizzard” forum just so others will read it for idea expense.

Ask yourself this, when heroes aren’t fighting the forces of evil to save the world, what else do they do for work in their spare time?

• I wouldn’t mind a tailor who makes excellent suits or dresses for customers.
  • Or how about someone who sells potions from an alchemy shop.
  • What about a blacksmith who forges weapons on demand for other players in Ironforge.
  • Where is the clinic for general check-ups, even heroes need to patch themselves up.
  • What about a barber who works at the salon doing hair, or the ladies who will get nails done.
  • Where is the travel planner if i want to take a trip to some far off location. Or visit the spa? (Giant oasis near Feralas that is a mountain top day spa if you explore more)
  • What about a mount clinic, takes care of your mounts when they are injured, etc.
  • What about a hunting excursion for those who enjoy game hunting?
  • Where are the archaeology guilds that explore and solve the mysteries of the world?
  • What about a restaurant experience. <A Taste of Azeroth for a name. I want to come in and buy a meal and be waited upon while engaging in soft conversation. Or sit at a bar for mixed drinks.
  • I need to have some hidden pockets installed. The enchanted ones where i can store 15 weapons, all my potions, or other items in a void pocket that holds it all. Ever wonder how your character can hold so much stuff?
  • What if i want a weapon enchanted? ASMR is becoming very popular so why not RP it out.
  • What about Magic Class? Using the 4 tents for each school of magic in Suramar is a great location for holding class.
  • Mount traveling. I want to relax between cities, let someone else do the driving so i can take in the scenery.
  • Local inns require someone to show me where i can sleep if i am tired. I may need to rent a bed for a evening.
  • Who are you gonna call? Ghost Busters, or the “Specter Elimination Squad” to avoid copyright.

I’ve given several ideas for job opportunities. RP style jobs. All it takes is the will to do it and make it fun.

Most of my characters are, in fact, such “ordinary” people. In game terms, they exist to cover professions for me, but in RP terms they all have other jobs and aren’t at all (or at least much) heroic.

2 Likes

There are many people that do this sort of thing already.

Lloria started out as a civilian blacksmith that was pushed further and further by the outrages of life in WoW into becoming the insane killer she is now. She still does blacksmithing ICly on the occasion that she doesn’t have a mission to undertake or a tournament to compete in.

2 Likes

The others are right, a lot of these characters exist already. I have Eruaran here who is not only a Druid but is also an alchemist in his spare time. I have an alt who is a big game hunter and sells wild game and fresh caught fish at markets too.

The Pook ain’t no hero, but I do work as a production assistant for a Goblin Entertainment Media Network. Never graduated from Gnomish engineering school but the Pook knows enough to keep my boss’s tele-orb transmitters up and running.

Pretty sure there’s a guild that runs a medical clinic regularly out of the Cathedral District. And there are a good number of restaurant guilds and tavern events, not to mention the occasional Pandaren, Chowsen, setting up around SW to feed people. There’s a guild who runs a bookstore, a lot of merchant type and seafaring guilds, and guilds tied into archaeology with exploration and adventure.

Most of the characters I have that could be considered heroic are either part of an active faction, a teacher, a scholar, or a mixture of the former. There is perhaps one exception in my Demon Hunter who, while she does technically have a job, she’s so unsuccessful and resistant to change she’s practically a hobbo.