J*ggles (Necrolord) Battle Pet

The renown rank 27 Necrolord pet, J*ggles, shows as a magic type pet with a full ability list and is able to be slotted as a battle pet. However, it does not enter into combat in pet battles, instead the player is left with just their two other pets. After summoning the pet, it shows it tagged as “Non-combat Pet Magic.”

2 Likes

This is also happening with the Night Fae renown pet, Trootie.

1 Like

It’s happening with all Covenant pets and it isn’t a bug, but it IS a stupid game design choice that needs to be changed. What is going to happen beyond Shadowlands when we don’t have covenants? Having them locked to a specific covenant is ridiculous, sure have it that we need the covenant and renown to unlock and purchase them but once purchased need to be useable by all toons on the account regardless of Covenant.

1 Like

Just so the difference between your grievances with the Covenant-Lock and the actual bug that’s going is clear, here’s what I posted in the Pet Forums:

"As said, it’s not about not being able to slot them on a different Covenant. We’ve known this to be the case since beta. It’s about the fact that my Night Fae can slot the Night Fae Covenant pet, Trootie, but when I engage in a pet battle on that Night Fae character the slot appears empty in the UI and it isn’t available to fight.

It also does something similar for pvp matches, where you get an error message “Pet in slot # can’t battle” when you accept the match."

1 Like

I have the same problem with the Kyrian Battle pet Ruffle. Summoned on a Kyrian character who bought the pet, can not bring to battle - empty slot.

It is assumed this works like the horde/alliance battle pets. Can not be summoned or used in battle unless horde/alliance with one exception its only covenant locked. Appears we are wrong, unless this battle pet is not meant to battle - then why is it given abilities and can be upgraded with stones?

2 Likes

I am having the same issue with Ruffle on my Exalted Kyrian, Renown 27 Owner of the pet. I can summon Ruffle but if I attempt to battle with him, he is missing from the interface.

1 Like

Yup I see what you are saying, I usually level my pets on under max level toons for the xp but I tried what you said with my kyrian who unlocked ruffle and same thing she could not battle with him. Tried my venth with sinheart and same thing. Terrible bug >< Is it meant to be a non battle pet and they made a whoopsie giving it skills or is it meant to battle and they made a whoopsie not letting it be able to battle? Not sure which it is meant to be, to be honest non battle pet seems more likely…

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Can’t battle with Ruffle on any toon, not just my Kyrian one.

1 Like

Still having this problem with Ruffle (Kyrian pet). Have you guys found a fix at all or are we just waiting for it to be fixed?