Jeweler's Sapphire (and Ruby) Monocles

Bought both of these off the AH. They both include text “You haven’t collected this appearance” and have no armor class (not cloth, leather, mail or plate and only show up under the ‘miscellaneous armor’ section on the AH)

However, when equipped, they do not give you any appearance (despite losing the uncollected appearance tag).

Are they supposed to be transmogrifiable or is it a bug (that the text is there)?

Likely turns the helm invisible rather than give an appearance. And I think they’re used to get the Hivemind mount.

According to some old wowhead comments, it doesn’t look like they are transmoggable. I obtained the Deadeye Monocle from a Legion quest and that also didn’t provide an appearance, however it is not BOE or BOP. I’m not sure if it was a choice to make them such or a bug.

Nah, they have an appearance but they don’t show up in the collections at all.

===============

Yeah that’s what I saw too. The problem is, the items themself in game say “You haven’t collected this appearance” which is something that typically only shows up on items with an appearance you can learn. Exception being it will show on armor outside of your class (now, I think specifically so you can send BoEs to alts to learn if you want).

1 Like

Yeah that definitely seems odd. And does sound like a bug, in either the tooltip or the inability to transmog it.