JC Patterns Drop Rate - change to currency purchase

I’m brought to my knees and screaming over how awful and left to the whimsy of RNG it is or a massive gold sink on the AH it is to get either the Elemental Lariat Pattern or the Ring-Bound Hourglass ring pattern. I’m over 20k elemental overflow, I’ve killed hundreds of rares and storm bosses. I’ve gone to the elemental chest week after week after week. This is a horrendous painful punitive method of gaining the most desired crafting patterns in my profession. Make the lariat pattern purchasable through elemental overflow currency or Storm Sigils already. The drop rate is deplorable. Give us more avenues for obtaining the Hourglass pattern. There are so many things I like about the new crafting system, but these patterns being so unobtainable by many of us crafters is flat out disgusting and wildly discouraging. MAKE A CHANGE, YOU KNOW THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

16 Likes

Strong agree. The pattern sells for 2 million on Lightbringer. Nobody is ever going to make that back in commissions. So unless you’re unbelievably rich in game or willing and able to drop 100 real-life bucks on tokens and view this recipe as basically a collector’s item, you’re just not getting it. I genuinely don’t understand what is intended here from a game design perspective.

1 Like

The pattern “lists” for 1.5 mil on my server, but I never actually seen it sell for anything more then 650K while I was watching it. I always watched the same pattern by the same seller fall off the AH. Or better yet, get undercut by 1 silver… and nether sell. But that “might” change, considering its drop is limited to the mainland.

Still, I can’t imagine a RoI of over a million gold. Suppose it does pay to not sit around waiting for a boss to spawn that only drops disappointment.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen the same thing watching the listing on AH. I’ve gotten to the point where I’ve reached out and offered 500K for an in-person trade (which I still think is a rip-off), but on one occasion never heard back and on the other was told to “eat sh*t”. I suppose others are equally as frustrated but have more cash than I do.

Bumping and adding to this. I agree with everything said.

It’s completely killed the profession revamp for me. I was super excited to start, only to see that the majority of crafting orders are for Lariats. I’ve been killing storm rares from the very beginning and have never seen it drop - I fly to them at any opportunity I can as well. I haven’t even seen the lariat listed on the AH in over a month. People are not as active in storms anymore, meaning that the pattern is now even more rare…

No one knows who my JC is because of this insane system to obtain a pattern, let alone two of them. It’s my main’s primary profession and it feels worthless without those recipes.

Blizzard, please consider changing this. The lucky and rich got their fill, let us finally enter the game now please.

3 Likes

I have been farming it for months, as much as I can, between doing actual content in the game. It’s been over a week, and the pattern isn’t even on the AH anymore on Proudmoore. Not that I could afford it, even at 650k. I want to be able to make the neck for my guildies Blizz; please reconsider its drop rate.

3 Likes

+1
I’m tired of spending my entire day at storms, rotating between all my alts, it’s sucking the fun out of the game, but this is the first time in a long time I’ve gotten into professions. There’s no way I’m spending $80-120 on tokens to buy the design at these outrageous prices and I resent the rarity factor of it as it seems like Blizzard is trying to force players to buy more tokens. We spend money on the expansion, we pay them every month, some of us occasionally buy mounts and pets, but that’s not enough?
I also blindly put points into crafting necklaces before I realized the droprate on this was abysmally low, but I’m not allowed to respec?

I’d be fine with even a several hundred thousand elemental overflow cost for the design, I have over 200,000 on ONE of my characters, and that’s mostly from just killing rares and occasionally trash in the area, I mainly sit idly waiting for rares or fishing. Big fun I’m paying for. Yes it’s my choice to do so, but I dont like giving up. Blizzard should just know they’re contributing to player burnout. It would be more fun if the rares spawned back to back like the Forbidden Reach and I didnt have to wait around with my thumb stuck up somewhere tight.

Please:
Bring back multiple storms happening at once, make the rares spawn back to back, add an elemental overflow cost of whatever value ya’ll determine appropriate. And while we’re on the topic of abysmally rare JC designs, please fix the Chest of the Elements in the Primalist future, it’s droprate is also horribly low and chest bugs out more often than we’re able to loot it.

Thank you.
Signed,
Your paying customers.

2 Likes

Yep, I quit the game over this BS. I was a returning player and started a new toon on a fresh server to give dragonflight a chance since it had good reviews from streamers.

They Made professions locked once you spend points with no way to undo them, then make the patterns for your professions lottery tickets.

I have not played WoW in over a month now and have no plans to return nor do I even have the urge to log in and play. Yes, I am that bitter about this stupid design decision. If I get the itch for an MMO it’s GW2 or FF14 and I don’t think I am ever returning to WoW. Maybe next expansion if they design the game correctly but I am gone for the rest of dragonflight because of this profession design choice.

2 Likes

So quitting huge game like wow over ONE profession recipe?

Yep, lost interest in the game. I got burned out farming for the lariat pattern. Now I have zero interest in playing WoW.

What’s funny is, I played all of classic through the end of TBC and quit at wrath and went to dragonflight because I feel like wrath is just a worse version of retail, and the farm for this pattern made me lose interest in the game. I don’t even want to log in and play anymore.

2 Likes

Sorry for your burnout, it happens.
Thankfully, Im not completionist, rare mount hunter or competitive player, from my experience those people can get most frustration from the game.

Undermine today, the ring bound hourglass receipt is posted at Gold cap and the Lariat at 9 mil. That is rediculous

1 Like

The Lariat pattern on my realm, Hyjal, hasn’t been posted for under 9,999,999g in over a week. Always only one posted, always for gold cap. It’s maddening.

1 Like

It really is quite silly that I’d have 464 knowledge points in a profession (JC specifically, and well over 300 in many other professions) and not even have the most sought-out recipes. The raid recipes aren’t even going to be run anymore in less than a week. My suggestion would be that rare drop recipes and high renown recipes (there is no way I am farming Cobalt rep) should be available from the Artisan’s Consortium to any crafter who has large amounts of knowledge points in the relevant profession or maybe that such recipes get automatically unlocked when the relevant profession tab gets completely filled out. The AH makes no sense as a source of such BoE recipes because the recipes are bought up and resold by a small group of big speculators.

2 Likes

They’ve already said the raid recipes are moving to the new raid

i just got my recipe yesterday after 441 primal rare kills, not just rare kills, but the specific primal rare kills. you’re just as capable as server hopping while watching netflix as everyone else.

be like that bank robber from the dave chapelle skit, he wasnt looking for no hand outs.

Be Better.

1 Like

Congratulations!

That’s now how I choose to spend my time on WoW. It doesn’t sound like I need to be better, it sounds like I need to no life it for a basic pattern. I’m good. Since my original comment, I’ve decided that I don’t really care about it anymore. I’d rather just play the game and your comment solidifies that was a better decision.

Good luck to everyone.

5 Likes

Agreed. The drop rate is absurd.

Good decision. Obsession is not really healthy.

Not sure why this thread has become about judging fellow players for their play style or interests. The original point still stands.

There’s clearly a vast mismatch between supply and demand for this pattern, the process of grinding it is not inherently enjoyable for many people, and the rarity puts the purchase price way out of reach for many people. Given the market demand, I think it’s fair for many JCers to aspire to own this pattern. I don’t understand why that goal was put so far out of reach for so many.

I honestly can’t figure out what is intended here from a game design perspective. Make a small group of players feel really good about themselves for winning the lottery? Give a small group of players a wall to hit their heads against over and over to keep them busy for long periods of time? Give a small group of unbelievably rich players something to spend their mountains of cash on? I just don’t get how this is supposed to be fun for most players.

2 Likes