Jaina's Arc in BFA. Full circle or Properly Developed?

That does not matter to me.
Whether you loved it. Hated it.

It doesn’t matter. You got content at my expense and I demand the same satisfaction. Especially since we have a LOT of similar dissatisfaction that has been left hang to dry over the past few years.

That’s the core fantasy and legacy of the Horde. If you didn’t like it why even play the Horde in the first place?

Wait, hold on. I’m curious now. If the ability to like content is not dependent on getting it, then what do you mean by ‘you got content at my expense’

What content is available for ‘them’ that is not available for ‘you’? Both factions play through the story of the War of Thorns. If liking the content is not a factor then what makes the content different for ‘them’?

Furthermore, if liking something does not matter, then you have the same ability to have that content, as character creation is not faction locked.

6 Likes

Technically you did with Undercity. Both capitals are unusuable now. It had different approach but the end result (in game) is the same.

4 Likes

I never said such a thing… honestly it kind of confuses me.
How could you derive satisfaction from something that doesn’t exist?

Sylvanas destroyed that city.
The Horde got the satisfaction of denying my victory.
This is what I am talking about of how Blizzard goes out of its way to show my faction can never have a win over the Horde in any real decisive win.

While the Horde player has no ambiguity. Conquered the entire northern Kalimdor? Lets torch an entire starter zone just to make sure everyone gets the message.

I hated it so much that I can’t play my Horde characters any more. I’ve barely touched them in months, only getting them out for the occasional Darkmoon Faire or timewalking week. That’s why I get so irritated when Alliance players tell me I haven’t suffered, or need to suffer more so they can be happy. I basically quit playing Horde, and I came quite close to quitting the game altogether. How is that not suffering?*

*(Okay, for certain first-world values of “suffering,” of course. Don’t mean to sound overdramatic!)

4 Likes

I want to punish the Horde.
Not Pellex.

I appreciate that you said this, but what you said a few posts up sure sounds like you want me to suffer more:

5 Likes

Yeah I want a decisive victory over the Horde. IE at your expense.

I think thats much more friendlier solution than to have Alliance characters (in neutral capacity) for years to come to constantly blame you for being such a monster and killing all those Night Elf children.

Which do you prefer? Give me 15 minutes and a cinematic of how much my faction kicked your butt and burned half of Orgrimmar (or some other place of significance).

Or never ending shaming?

Then please don’t pretend you don’t want to make me unhappy. You just think you deserve it–oddly, because you think I’m happy now.

You’re acting like burning Orgrimmar would stop the shaming. It wouldn’t.

4 Likes

I suggested earlier to another poster to make a thread where you moderate posters who have the best interests of both factions in mind to come to a compromise.

Because it seems I can’t get any resolution because it would aggravate you Horde players even more. Hence why all these Red vs Blue debates pop up.

It would change the context of that shaming and you would have your own motivations from that point too.

I unsubscribed for a year. A friend dragged me back (connecting with friend is good) . I’m trying Alliance to see if that is enough. I just don’t think Horde lore will ever by anything but trash with the current writers.

And, yes. All the fault on any WOW forum is “first world suffering”.

1 Like

At your expense? We got content we hated. So did you. From my POV, Horde lore was destroyed and my character was made a villain in their own story to provide a bad guy to the Alliance for this expansion. We were made to fail in every leveling zone to provide the basis for the first raid.

This is, aside from your asserting it as fact, subjective. Nobody, including both you and me, know anything about why Blizzard did it this way. And, in the end, it seems clear to me that decent writing could have provided content at nobody’s expense.

And I say, a demand that writing provide you with satisfaction and demanding it be at at someone’s (anyone’s) expense comes off as mean spirited and entitled.

Because I think that characterization is dead wrong? If this is bait for another “the Horde is evil” thread. I’m not interested.

Now to be accurate, I don’t play the Horde anymore. But the Horde was OK (except Blizzard had gotten into the habit of ignoring it when it came to neutral content) until BfA.

5 Likes

If it was so bad why was Sylvanas as popular as she was? All the BFA cinematic are getting highly positive reactions. Even the burning. So lets not assume the entire Horde lore was ruined and it was so negatively received.

But thats what the Horde got. And this is not the first time. Why is it so wrong for me to finally get something that the Horde has been getting for years?

But its the core legacy of the Horde. Its their origin story and they have re-explored that legacy several times in different ways and in different ways but its always the same.
BFA didn’t come out of nowhere, it just dialed what the Horde had done before up to 11.

If you want to presume to be able to tell another group that you know better than they do how much they liked something. I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t think you are convincing others and I do think you are fooling yourself.

In that past I would sometimes point that if you really want get what the Horde got, including having a favorite character made evil, your character having to help them, and having other characters talking about how the problem with the world is all because of Alliance racism, then should ask for that. (And all of that, because if you want to pick and choose what you get, you aren’t getting what the Horde got.) I know that a lot of Horde players would enjoy it and might support you.

But I play Alliance now and I don’t want to go through that again on this side either. Even if you refuse to believe it, it sucked. I guess it might let me switched back to Horde, but then I don’t think that exercise was great for either side.

4 Likes

I didn’t get three movie grade cinematics.
The Horde did.

I didn’t get the entire story narrative about my faction finding itself.
The Horde did.

I didn’t get to feel or witness any victories in this faction war.
The Horde did.

I just got to be victimized with zero recourse or satisfaction or payoff.
In the end I was told to let it go and forgive the Horde because they are good now.
They changed! We pinky promise.

Not for the first time. But the second time.
Jaina’s character is a symptom of this, in the end all must break to serve Blizzard and their writing objective for the Horde.
Her constant flip flops are to serve the Horde’s narrative, when she needs to be evil. It happens.
When she needs to love them again. It happens.

2 Likes

I was a fan of Jaina’s warmongering persona. Mostly because it was righteous and deserved. As she is now, she’s alright. I think she deserves a break from the limelight for a bit so we can remember her character fondly.

Personally, I think she’s one of the only characters who got good development in BfA (and a rare triumph of successful development of a female character by Blizzard) and I’d like to keep her that way.

Jaina would be a great character to ‘retire’ because at this stage in her development, it seems like there’s no longer any loose ends. Unlike Thrall, who was quietly shoved away with a lot of baggage still.

Suure, Ethel… cause all and each one of us basically asked for this. Also, thanks for calling us sociopathic a-holes to our face without having thge decency of you know… knowing us (rude!!).

This is the moment you NEED to step away from that keyboard dude, game is messing around with your head.

You´re better than the histerical femgoat pally, dear…

Then roll Horde, problem solved (I mean if according to you our story is 1000% better, then me thinks the issue is your tastes, dear).

He´s acting like a manchild, period. It will NOT do him any favors.

3 Likes

I have to say, this is just cherry picking and spinning to avoid the main point. You want to tell Horde players that what they got was good when it wasn’t.

2 Likes

This is an issue for anyone who is dissatisfied with their side. We can argue this all we want, but my conclusion is that Blizzard is not going to change how they approach the factions. You either live with it, change factions, or unsubscribe.

I’ve done a bit of the last (there are other games out there that don’t involve hitting your head against junk like this). I’m giving #2 a try.

Now the iron is that I switched to Alliance. But if some think the Horde has it so good, give it a try. I really think you are going to find things nothing like you are claiming, but its up to you.,\

Playing Horde is not something I can even begin to find interesting or compelling.
Why would I want to join the faction that has been my would be narrative abusers for the past decade?

Good. Bad. Whatever… they got something.
What did I get? Nothing.