I've ran a few m+ today as a tank (spooky warning)

So I decided to play my monk that I leveled back in 9.0 as a venthyr and the extent of his play since dinging 60 was a few wqs and maybe a korthia weekly or two until a few days ago. I’ve been doing +2s and have been doing fine even though I don’t have a solid idea on routes, mostly going for what you could say is a straight path through the dg with minimal running around mobs unless its super easy such as we can avoid the gargoyles on the stairs of hoa. There has been exactly 0 groups that have complained about my routes, even when i or someone else accidently pulled mobs that weren’t necessary.

6 Likes

You’re the tank, if someone complains about your route, tell them to lead the way and you’ll follow. That includes having them pull the mobs.

1 Like

but no ones complained! they at worst were like: ye you’re under % but we’re doing fine. Gd told me that if i did something like this everyone would be screaming at me but everyone was being understanding and rational human beings? I’m confused! is gd just being hyperbolic or did i stumble into a parallel dimension where most people are nice?

3 Likes

3 Likes

GD is full of weenies who need to invent reasons for why they can’t do content.

Routes get a little bit more complicated (and more standardized) once you hit 10s or so, but ultimately the route you go with is the route you as a tank are comfortable with.

You know that pack can be done as a double because you’ve planned your cooldowns ahead for it.

You know that pack sucks, or can be pulled with the boss, or needs to be kited/CC’d, and so on.

PuGs almost never question a tanks route unless you’re missing breakpoints (like needing to hit 80% before you do the invis skip in HoA), because every asking a tank to do something they’re not comfortable with is almost never a good idea.

1 Like

3 Likes

You got me. There has been one role complaining. The tank that is me for not knowing routes this late into this expansion.

3 Likes

Yeah, honestly I have seen very few people comment on routes, particularly after season 1 ended. Not even that uncommon for a group to finish the final boss and have to go back for % (depending on the dungeon of course). And if you aren’t running high keys, you’d usually have to GROSSLY over-pull to risk not timing, and outside of maybe NW, it’s pretty hard to massively over-pull SL dungeons.

2 Likes

I mess around on a guardian and veng <10 keys and never have a bad time

1 Like