I've moved on from this

this one. this one right here.

2 Likes

Merge the Elves only after the Naga become playable - they can have a visage form and their serpentine form - just like Worgen already do

2 Likes

I like that.

We already got High Elves though? :open_mouth:

They simply renamed themselves to Blood Elves for political purposes only – And joined the Horde.

Really, if Alliance want them – You just need to make Blood Elves neutral for anyone to use. :slight_smile:

So remove Blood Elves from the Horde and give them to the Alliance, then give the Horde a new demonic elf variant race? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

At best:

I’d like to see Blood Elves made neutral — Then apply the option for Fel Elves in the customisation menu, somewhat like a subrace in the same context Draenei get for Man’ari.

Give some questline to how they’re welcomed amongst both the Horde & Alliance alike 
 I mean the Alliance accepted the much more infamous Man’ari – so I’d wager the Felblood Elves aren’t too far a stretch from there, lol.

1 Like

Have you at all been reading what I said?

That implies we KEEP void/blood elves but add high/fel elves to the mix.

Not all of them did that. In the same vein having “humans” didn’t suddenly mean we can’t have Kul Tirans.

1 Like

Yes, but you quite literally said “Screw that. Keep the high elves” along with “or give the Alliance High Elves”.

Hence my replies.
Have you at all been reading them?

The grand majority to most of their race did though.
As stated, the difference in names is merely political.

• Unlike the comparison of Nightborne to Nightelves or Void Elves to the rest of their kin, with the High Elves & Blood Elves: There’s no biological, physical, cosmic or magical difference between them — The difference in name is political only.

It’d be like me asking for the Nightelves of the Moonguard to be made Horde under a different race and arguing: “No they’re not Nightelves, they’re Moonguard!”

1 Like

Because yes, the high elves as a separate faction/race should stay and actually be playable.

Which is literally the same for the Kul Tirans! The Kul Tirans are human. Aside from their political affiliation, they are the same race as the Stormwind humans.

2 Likes

And literally never looked different from Stormwind Humans for decades until Blizzard decided to make them look different for BFA and gave them Big/Tall models, accents, new building/ship designs, and a cultural connection to Shamanism.

Not to mention the Big and Tall ones are only a fraction of the population compared to the normal and skinny ones.

So let’s stop pretending “Current Appearance” means a lot.

4 Likes

you misspelled draenei.

actually has more variations of elves, both playable and unplayable:

Night Elves
High Elves
Void Elves
Silvermoon Scholars
Valeera Sanguinar
Highborne
Dark Rangers

vs Horde’s

Blood Elves
Nightborne
Valeera Sanguinar
Dark Rangers

1 Like

you forgot alleria windrunner high elf.

As I said though 
 They ARE playable, already. :smiley:

Kul’Tiras has a whole kingdom though & far heavily outnumber the remaining elves who remain titled as ‘High Elves’.

With the Elves:

• Quel’Thalas had 90% of their population slain — and of the surviving amounts majority of them renamed their kind to ‘Blood Elves’ to honour the fallen – Lorewise, what degrees of those who didn’t honour the fallen & rename are a significantly short number & only really in random clusters.
  • Unlike Kul’Tirans, the High Elves & the Blood Elves hail from the same kingdom. Whereas Kul’Tirans are humans hailing from a different continent.

I’m just picturing some sort of mega-elf the size of a skyscraper for some reason.

1 Like

this needs to happen. skyscraper elves.

1 Like

Every race should be their own faction. I want to be on the Gnomish faction as we burn down Stormwind.

repost from other thread:

We know all this, already. this has been argued non stop since og tbc. the high elves who stayed alliance were deceived by garithos, who claimed the blood elves were traitors in league with the naga, and to cement this picture, the naga show up and jail break the blood elves from dalaran prison (orchestrated by the demon, illidan). then, to make matters worse, the blood elves join forces with scourge, orcs, trolls and demons, all of which are enemies of elves and alliance. it was a cleverly written series of unfortunate incidents

think modern parlance - the fog of war

2 Likes

Repost Reply from other thread:

Even when they were sided together — It was a short-term alliance of convenience at best 
 Such which is obviously no longer present.

Well for the first one & the last one —

That’s a lie.

Like, jeeze – What’s with all the misinformation twisted out of context. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

• They didn’t side with the Scourge. :fire: :skull_and_crossbones: :fire:
    They sided with the Forsaken – Who literally loathed the Scourge. The Forsaken’s whole gimmick was pretty much: “We hate the Scourge for what they did to us 
 F those guys.” — The Forsaken were also ruled over by the then-freed Sylvanas Windrunner, who quite literally died protecting the Elves entire nation.
  • They literally fought AGAINST the Demons. :fire: :imp: :fire:
    That was part of the whole gimmick to how they severed from Kael’Thas, and helped press the advance with their kin who were part of the Scryers in the Shattered Sun Offensive, against the Demons & the forces of the Burning Legion.
  • The Elves had trouble with the Amani elves. :fire: :troll: :fire:
    Not the Darkspear.

Orcs & Trolls yes they did side with, albeit was admitted as a tenuous relationship to begin with – To which their relationship grew overtime. They even addressed all the new relations & alliances made with the Horde in a dialog scene @ Silvermoon.

Clearly Not

Because y’all keep making the same damn arguments & spouting out the same damn misinformation & nonsense 
 lo

5 Likes

the high elves did not know this at the time. they saw undead, assumed scourge. fog of war.

this is all to clarify why the alliance high elves stayed alliance. and by the time the belfs surrendered to the naaru, it was already not salvageable between alliance high elves and blood elves

its all centered on that pivot, where illidan sent the naga to help the blood elves

4 Likes

The High Elves ditched the majority of their people, now named ‘Blood Elves’ – well & truly before they sided with the Forsaken or the Horde, so your whole argument on that front is null & void anyway.

4 Likes

yeah but not before garithos lied to them about the blood elves. illidan made the situation worse with naga but probably saved their lives. and black temple ended up with an awful lot of blood elves in harem

this is where the schism began

https://youtu.be/iqB3KeiBLuw?t=12

i have a theory that garithos was being mind controlled somehow, beyond his hatred of the blood elves, and his right hand man had death knight eyes, which makes no sense. perhaps a dread lord was involved?

for example, how did he know to spy on the belfs at just the moment when the naga joined up with them, they couldve been almost anywhere on the battlefield in the area but he knew precisely where to go to catch them and brought witnesses, to justify the arrest

1 Like