It's Too Crowded

World of Warcraft is soulless. It isn’t a world anymore. I enjoyed classic because the the people, places, and things in the world were more or less permanent. I would often see familiar faces. It looks really nice now, great job on that! But it’s really hard to see the world behind the crowd.

Questing simply isn’t fun because it’s always a competition to tag mobs and collect the item before somebody else. It feels bad to take it from someone else and it feels bad when it’s taken from you.

There’s no sense of discovery because it always seems like I’m the last one to the party.

It didn’t hit home until I tried to make a hunter just how bad it is. I can’t hunt for a rare pet because I keep getting moved to layers where they are dead.

The lack of permanence reduces the world to nothing but the terrain we stand on.

6 Likes

I think they should add an “Exception to the rule” feature to a few things in ‘WoW Forever’ …

That being:

  • Quest-Mobs required to be killed for quests are ‘tagless’ meaning anyone can tag-along for the kill-credit.
  • Gathered Quest-items don’t disappear when someone picks them up
    (or at the very least, give them a far quicker respawn rate).
  • And a shard-feature toggle, where so-long as you remain in the same area of the zone – You won’t and don’t get moved to a different shard, so players can camp particular mobs or await for rare’s properly.

This helps with quests in the open world, and allows players to have a reward feature for dedicated patience as well.

It would help add that semblance of permanence and allow a smoother-progression for players to move forward with the game aspects we all truly want to enjoy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, everyone screamed that they didnt want people in dungeons, so now 3 million players have to share the same kobold camp. No dungeon grinding!

2 Likes

Just go to era if you want a dead world

I guess you never played in 2004 , this is nothing compared to that, the loot lag, the lag on tagging mobs, the server crashing.

This is nothing.

2 Likes

It’s called grouping up

1 Like

remember when the whole servers got teled to alterac

1 Like

I remember running into Westfall then getting teleported back to hogger and dieing lol

1 Like

One of the worst things in Retail, so arbitrary, and now it’s…Forever.

Okay? … That doesn’t always work.

There’s been a lot of times I’ve attempted to invite others who are closer to the target to tag than I am when heading there and they’ve just declined. Even when whispered. Some people just don’t give a $#!% — What then? lol

Also - What about when there’s a griefer who’s spamming aoe or camping the one deeply-coveted quest mob over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over again? …

Having quest-bosses be tagless for the community is better for everyone. There’s no reason NOT to do it, other than complacency to a time we’ve achieved the means to advance from.

3 Likes

Then you wait, like everybody else

They don’t want to play the same way as you. So you can’t get mad. Plus I typically auto decline unless someone asks first. Or maybe I don’t want to share the loot. I won’t invite people on gathering quests. Kill quests, sure.

This is pretty standard for me as well, unless the gather quests require killing mobs that are in groups.

That’s a pretty awful philosophy to hold though …

Let’s say others had ignored you, and every other classic player — Then Blizzard shoved every retail progression aspect into Forever and made the next expansion SHADOWLANDS with all its tragic retcons, mass world-building destruction, horrid lore and overwhelming systems in all their full grotesque glory – and stated we did it for the retail players? …

If you made a fair & righteously just protest towards that – and I said:

“They don’t want to play the same way as you. So you can’t get mad.”

It’d feel a tad contrived in a rather futile manner & way of thinking, no? :thinking:

Dungeon grinding was always a bandaid for the terrible, antisocial system that is the vanilla tag system.

What sort of MMO is one where you hope to see no friendly players anywhere nearby, so that you have a smooth questing experience?

They don’t need to copy the retail tag system. But it would be trivial for them to make a Forever specific system using technology that already exists, that wouldn’t impact the economy at all and would not reward people who tag and run.

It’s not the same community. People are more interested in wanting housing and delves into Forever though. :roll_eyes:

1 Like