It's time to skip the DH/DK/Evoker intro scenarios

And leaving that choice to the player is bad how?

You’re making excuses for forcing on a scenario on players even if they’ve done it a bunch of times. Remix shows it’s unnecessary. There’s no reason to keep forcing it. I fully expect that if Blizzard came out and made it optional, you’d celebrate it. That’s why you’re an apologist.

The “Hero Class” designation doesn’t mean anything. It’s just a arbitrary restriction Blizzard has decided to apply that they could just as easily decide not to apply. That’s why it’s an excuse not a reason.

I’d respect someone saying “I think you should have to do the intro scenario because of X, Y and Z” because that argument shows some thought rather than simple blind accceptance of and kneejerk defense for the Blizzard status quo.

Explaining why things are the way they are is not “making excuses.” It’s stating a fact.

I always thought the starting zone for each race or new class was one of the best parts. This gave you a chance to understand the lore and back story of the character you created. In fact one of the reasons I have alts is so I could experience each starting zone. Was actually upset when the allied races didn’t each get their own starting zone.

I know the process has changed for many of the original races and instead of doing the starting zones they just have them do Exiles reach now instead and then jump them to Chromie tim.

As a compromise could those players who have already completed the starting zone once for that class/race have the option to go to Exiles Reach instead if they opt to create a new alt of same type?

Seems that would work for certain cases but as I haven’t created a new character since BFA, the exception being one allowed Dracthyr, not sure how this works since level squish. Usually when a new race would be introduced they would start five levels lower than the current cap and you would be limited to one per server.

The entire leveling process is annoying and unnecessary yet it persists.

DKs/DHs/Evokers don’t have to start at level 1 either. The intro scenario is your starter zone, it replaces your 1-10 leveling experience before you get tossed out into the realm of queued dungeons.

I was gonna post about how some allied races got better intro zones than others. Then I remembered we’re talking about classes. Then I lost my train of thought…

Hey, look, it’s another one of those “if you don’t explicitly agree with me, you’re a blizzard apologist” types

You do the DK starter zone because that’s the class’s origin story.

You’re not creating a DK in the current timeline. All dk’s were created at the same time back in wrath.

That said, since shadowlands opened the class up to other races, this might be justification for skipping over the questing zone.

2 Likes

Me in a nutshell:

3 Likes

The choice of remix will not be a choice for much longer.

Despite how rude the OP is being, I think being able to choose between “Wrath-era DK” and “Fourth War Veteran DK” should be a thing. But only after you’ve done the Wrath starting zone once on the core races.

2 Likes

Except for AR DKs, which do get their own intro— it’s just only three quests instead of a whole starter zone, because they’re AR. I personally think it was lazy design and they should have had a proper starter zone for their origins. It would have been interesting to see the whole thought process and what lead up to Bolvar’s decision to raise everyone and the battle that would have ensued.

1 Like

To you, maybe. For many, it’s the best part of the game.

But here’s the real point: you have agency over how and where you level. Dungeon spam, questing in whatever expansion you like, whatever. Even the starting zones for goblins, for example, you have a choice (ie Exile’s Reach). Except for that starting zone for 3 classes.

Neither do allied races. Yet they can start at level 10 automatically with no issues.

I don’t care. You can apply this rationale to everything. You’re breaking out of the jail in Boralus. It’s part of your story. You can’t skip it.

This is the difference between a rason and an excuse. Not being able to take flammable liquids on a plane for safety is a reason. Having to charge you $35 for a checked bag is an excuse. A prohibition on driving while drunk for safety is a reason. Having to charge you a toll to use a bridge is an excuse.

Excuses are arbitrary justifications with no basis in fact.

There’s no reason the Hero Class intro can’t be skipped. Remix proves this. It’s a choice. And an arbitrary one at that. So I say you’re making excuses because you’re trying to justify this arbitrary choice. Some peopl ein this thread claim to have done the DK intro 47 times. I can’t know if those individual claims are true but I bet you at least some people have.

A concrete example: non-BE/NE DHs. This is something people have asked for a lot. The same for a bunch of other class combos. Now a reason to not do this is because Blizzard haven’t doen the animations for other races. That’s a fixable reason but it’s still a reason. An excuse is the DH lore.

My point is simply: why do we keep forcing these people to do the exact same starting content 47 times when there’s no reason for it?

Evoker can keep its starting zone requirement or start at lvl 10. Demon hunter and death knight should have it removed because starting at lvl 10 removes the need for it. Make it optional but I dont see how making a mandatory questline everytime someone makes a new character is good. It just makes playing with friends more obtuse. “I want to play a death knight but before I can play with you guys ive got to do this questline.”

Lost brain cells reading this one.

Homie, it ain’t that big a deal. Never seen anyone so wound up over the dk starting area.

I think I need more drugs to understand this.