It's time. Reduce the batching window

You like being punished for being good at the game and having a fast reaction time?

2 Likes

Something else also worth mentioning is how this system is allowing for things like Divine Favor to double-dip, with your casted heal of choice and holy shock both critting off it. A shamanā€™s elemental mastery also does this, double-dipping for a guaranteed crit on lightning bolt and shock of your choice.

Blizzardā€™s vanilla patch notes specifically note making Divine Favor and similar spells incapable of doing this. This implementation of spell batching should be tweaked (or, if it canā€™t be fixed, removed). It literally causes bugs unfaithful to vanilla.

Will they do so, though? Iā€™m not counting on it : /

Bring the batch window down to 1ms and 100% DELETE LEEWAY.

Thanks.

These systems were designed to never be noticed by the user.

They were intended to make the game playable in 2004, and they did that well.

Unfortunately now in. 2019 we notice them AND worse, theyā€™re doing the opposite of their intended use.

THANKS!

1 Like

Agreed, also notice that melee attacks that are position dependent are definitely behaving far differently than vanilla. They all seem to hit even though the targetā€™s back or front arent facing that person.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t noticed that but now that you mentioned it Iā€™ll watch.

Go back and re-read all the #nochange comments about batching and leeway pre-launch. Where are all those bozos now? lol

I am no tryhard but I gave up on my hunter because of melee leeway. Add Iā€™m leveling Iā€™m thinking to myself ā€œyar, this deadzone is way different than I rememberā€ and then find myself in a situation where Iā€™m trying my wing clip moves and Iā€™m getting tagged when the mob or the player is literally off my screen.

Nope. This was NOT how the class played in Vanilla. Hunters are off my list if melee leeway remains, it feels terrible as a hunter.

As a healer Iā€™m not a fan of batching. It sucks when you hear that PW:S go on the target and they die anyway. This is not how the game played ā€œback in they dayā€, apparently Iā€™m some extreme minority for having cable internet back then