It's time.. Frost DK and 2 handed weapons

the reason why 2h wont come back is codiing and they cant and wont solve for it and maintain the balance between the two. they have been half measuring everything about us.

it pisses me off really it does

1 Like

That is true. All she can do argue with anyone that does not have the same view point as her and then when is called out with good facts she plays the Victim card and then report people trying to get them banned.And even shut down threads because she did not agree with what people were advocating for. Also think it is funny she wanted to impose her will for a spec in a game she hadn’t played in a long time until suddenly after being called out she started playing. Just finding it funny. I had ignored her and then last night broke that and now I am back to ignoring her.

And no names have been mentioned.

4 Likes

OPEN the gates DW, 2h, tank and dps let all 3 specs do that.

3 Likes

The things that shuts down threads is posts like the one that you just made. Trash talking. They dont close down threads because there is a disagreement.

Its still against the code of conduct even if you arent mentioning names, you are talking bad about another player. Bye bye as well.

1 Like

Its not because of coding, its because they dont want to address the actual issues between the weapon sets effectively making the weapons stat sticks. It would end up just being equip what ever is higher ilvl/has the better stats.

The difference between 2h and DW damage is already at that point according to the tooltips where with 266ilvl weapons obliterate had a difference of 15 damage. With my weapons being at roughly 430, and a 415 2h the damage difference is roughly 400 damage in favor of the 1h higher ilvl weapons. Unless you are absolutely looking for these small upgrades, it would be use what you want.

They certainly can make a frost only 2h runeforge that combines Fallen Crusader and Razorice completely removing that difference. They could also change DW (basically a nerf) to only allow Killing Machine to proc off of the main hand, and then increasing the proc rate overall to compensate. The only thing left is DW half crits with Obliterate and Frost Strike. Its really not that complicated and then everyone could move on to actually making an enjoyable spec which is what drove most people from BFA across all classes and specs since they are basically a barebones version of Legion classes and specs.

100% agreed. Sigh… i just dont get why people still bite her baits…

4 Likes

Yea i bit last night ohh well as i have said not going to bite again.

1 Like

Mods can remove a person from the conversation, too. If you visited general at all yesterday, you would have seen a certain undead trolling every thread with the hope of being silenced. All of his posts were removed, but the threads still exist. This doesn’t seem like the case, but if it’s just one person being reported constantly, they do have that power.

1 Like

With player agency being flavour of the month for Blizz. It will be interesting to hear their excuses if they don’t give players more choice. 2H Frost is an obvious one for DKs.

7 Likes

It seems as though that player agency is either in looks, leveling alts, or again, looks. When it comes to gameplay they have been pretty strict and stuck in their ways. It doesnt matter what you present, math, things just not working, blatant issues in design. It just doesnt matter.

Just look at the issues that people have noticed from Covenants when looking at the initial design that was presented. Or look at the issues people noticed from Azerite gear when it was announced. Nothing was changed even after it hit testing (though it didnt have a long test period) people said it just broken, and sucked. It went live, dps losses with some traits over no trait at all, and a constant grind to get ap to be able to use what you already had access too. They still went with it.

Exactly. That’s the problem…they dont listen. The amount of people who want 2h frost back is pretty crazy. They could easily make it work. They just wont listen.

2 Likes

Agreed I do not understand the hesitation, many of the players that play frost dks want 2h back its crazy they are hesitating on bringing it back

2 Likes

Make it work, yes. Make people happy? Depends on how they “make it work”. I also wouldnt say many, I would say some. Not everyone who plays posts on the forums and there are probably the least amount of players ever at this point in time. Some to most people playing Frost right now, the weapon is a non-issue.

There is an easy way to do it, but it makes the weapons stat sticks and just becomes use whatever weapon is higher ilvl.

Frost is also the only plate/str spec that uses dw 1h weapons. They might just want to keep that unique spec fantasy.

Blizzards needs to now take a position rather than just ignore the community.

The interview where they danced around 2H Frost and suggested it’s something they would like to do blah blah…only creates confusion. It builds player expectation and anything less than 2H returning will be seen as betrayal by many DK players.

If we boil it down it basically comes back to the fact that the DK and particularly frost is the Arthas fantasy and for a good portion of players that does not involve DW 1H weapons.

“If” they made blood the DW spec originally I doubt anyone would care that much as Blood was added to flesh out the class essentially.

Frost = Arthas + Frostmourne and that is not something that can be easily erased from the class fantasy.

Unholy thematically feels right with pets, Deathcoil etc. Blood could have been anything and Frost will forever be linked to Arthas the Lich King.

Personally, I feel it was a mistake making Blood the tank spec and Frost DPS with DW. They should have just kept with Frost 2H tank and used their creative licence on Blood.

3 Likes

Arthas raised a lot of undead. In his rais encounter, in the HoR encounter. He was more of a permanent army unholy dk, but I wouldn’t even go that route since he wasn’t and of the specs. It’s not a good argument.

But their stance? Frost is DW. They say stuff like that so they don’t eat their words later. They have always tried to use language like that.

Blood became tank because people were using it in wrath to solo tank encounters like H LK. Frost overall was better as a dps though still a strong tank, and DW was better because it just had more going for it.

Look at it like a lot of builds in Diablo 3. With 2h you can only get one legendary power from your weapon and one other from the cube I think it is. DW gets 3 total which can and often does increase damage and dps beyond what a 2h could imagine.

DW frost just has more going for it and anyone pushing content went straight to DW and never looked back outside of specific instances where 2H was better.

Blizzard also doesn’t want people to use stuff that is a lot weaker when you have to play with other people, it’s why they got rid of hybrid builds. It’s pretty obvious that Blizzard wants specs to have specific and clear focuses for specs. The talent system is a mess and you wouldn’t know what to take sometimes without doing some basic math. But it’s at least their objective.

Why are you so against every idea that people have/ want for dks? Everytime I see you post you’re against everything.

7 Likes

Um, did you not read the post? It’s talking about Blizzards actions since at Cata where they started to remove things for the sake of new or bad players. They didn’t want them to even have the option to nerf themselves using some weird spec that did so much less damage. Along with them not wanting to try to balance that oddball spec, say perma-pet blood, when they could focus on much better performing builds.

Why do people refuse to read and just assume stuff?

I am against stuff that are bad ideas. If you just lift weapon restrictions all you will do is trade the people wanting the option for people who might want to play as say 2h frost, but also want the damage to be there. Those people exist and the best course of action is to solve for both. If they don’t solve for both nothing is going anywhere. Then people find out DW unholy is doing significantly less damage than its 2h counterpart and refuse to choose them for m+ or their guild will tell them to use a spec that actually does some damage.

It’s not like these thing don’t or haven’t happened. Groups refuse to take certain classes or specs now even if they perform well but make things much harder than another class.

What about this stuff is so hard to understand? If you are going to do something do it properly. Otherwise you are wasting time and money.

I see you are still around Dreadmoore how are you hope all is well. And hello Frostlich good to see your around as well.

1 Like

Guy theres a compromise you arent seeing.

Titans grip for Frost Dk. (Lol)

3 Likes

The fact that they gave it back, then took it away again is, imo, far worse than what they did with 2h enhancement. That just shows that they know players really want it, but don’t want to put forth the effort.

2 Likes