It's Time For Playable Nerubians

I feel like this can be somewhat doable by giving a humanoid form, and then a battle form with their real model that has limited transmog like with the dracthyr.

1 Like

i’d name my Nerubian Aboobarak

1 Like

We’ve already got one transforming Elf-type (Dracthyr), so why would you want another?
Pretty much the only way Nerubians could work is if they only change to their true form when in combat as they wouldn’t be able to use mounts otherwise.

Probably because what we have seen so far, if they’re anything like concept art and early models of this new humanoid type of nerubian, then they might not even transform at all. If they did, I’d imagine they’d pick humans for a visage as to infiltrate the Arathi.

But we have enough humans too, don’t we? I mean. After all. We have the same amount of humans in the game as we do elves, if we’re going by your logic that drac visage=elves.

But probably won’t even come to that as it looks like these nerubs would be able to ride a horse without shapeshifting.

2 Likes

Give em their own version of Plansrunning, in addition to being able to sprout bug wings for flight.

Heck, Worgen can already self mount for ground movement so they kinda got their own Plainsrunning as it is.

1 Like

Yes, but they can also ride flying mounts in their Worgen form (as can Dracthyr in their other form). Nerubians wouldn’t be able to do that.

Maybe they’ll transform into Trolls, if only for the sake of variety.

1 Like

I have wanted Nerubians to be playable for many years now, I can’t believe we might actually be close to it.

2 Likes

Humanoid Nerubians or regular Nerubians, either one I would be playing immediately. I love spiders, and I think the nerubians you can be using the Hallow’s End wands are really cute.

3 Likes

Imagine a Humanoid Nerubian Druid just getting the various Nerubian types as transformations.
Like Druids of the Web/Threads or something.

2 Likes

Humanoid Nerubians that are able to play classes like Warrior, Hunter etc. and a class (Crypt Lord?) unique to them that has them “evolve”/shift into various other Nerubian forms using abilities like Burrow, Cocoon, Locust Swarm etc. from HotS Anub’arak and other bug and plague themed abilities would be awesome.

A much more fitting and deserving race/class combo than Dracthyr Evokers, at the very least.

1 Like

can they shoot webs from hands like spiderman??

2 Likes

Now that we’re just a bit into the story ima bump this and say…

We’re learning about Nerubian culture and have allied with multiple different nerubian sub-factions. We also have Seer Ixit’s story unresolved. It’s been speculated he’ll eventually be gifted Anub’arak’s crown. So, wouldn’t it make perfect sense to have an event where we crown them the new ruler of the Nerubian and they ally with us for sticking with them and helping their race repopulate?

would you want to be a spiderboy???