It's time for another MMO mouse like the one's WoW did

I had both the first MMO mouse and the Cataclysm MMO mouse and they were godsend!
They served me very well for 8 years and I have never had a mouse that quite lived up to what they were.
I currently use a Corsair model with about 12 buttons (I forget the name) and it’s not the same. I don’t enjoy pressing every button with my thumb only so stuff like the Razer Naga is very meh.

Blizzard, get on the phone with SteelSeries and make that mouse again!

2 Likes

The Cataclysm one was my first MMO mouse. Haven’t willingly used a normal once since. I do like the 12 button ones, though. Might try a Razer. I’ve gotten 2 Corsairs in a row that have had the mouse wheel issue.

The rubber part detached and now you’re just spinning the rubber issue or it not working at all?

There’s an issue with a certain run where the internal mechanism malfunctions and you lose the ability to scroll smoothly. As I scroll my screen jumps up and down while vaguely moving in the direction I’m scrolling. Got 2 in a row like that. But probably because I went to the same store, despite being several months apart.

I had that issue with my previous Corsair.
The one I have now detached or unglued the rubber in the middle of the mouse wheel and now when I want to scroll I either just keep running the rubber without the wheel moving or I touch the wheel slightly to the side so my finger gets the actual plastic of the wheel and it scrolls.

My Cataclysm MMO mouse started its problems with the mouse wheel, but then the right-click button started failing. It took it a good 6 years before it failed, though.

12 buttons was way too much for me and I kept hitting the wrong ones in ‘panic situations’. I now have one with 5 thumb buttons. Skillet SGM1. Though I think they no longer make the model. :frowning:

Nah m8, the Cataclysm MMO mouse had 15 and they were macroable to work with Shift, so you virtually had about 26-ish abilities there.

It was peak for me.

1 Like

Yeah after my Cataclysm one I had another, don’t remember the brand, that lasted forever. Now the past couple years it seems like I’m replacing mice left and right. I’m a heavy user but I keep a clean space and I’m physically unable to be rough with them. Old lady voice They don’t make them like they used to.

1 Like

I do miss my Cataclysm mouse but I had to retire it. Oh I’m still keeping it just because it looks cool. It just got old and eventually stopped really working.

1 Like

I had one of the first run of WoW mice and it was terrible. The plastic corroded and it was falling apart in just a few months.

Did a quick google search. Yes, EXACTLY like this. Lots of pictures from people of their WoW mice in the same state.

2 Likes

Hey Brewa, how you doing? Had your coffee yet?

That’s the first model I owned and yes, it had the same.
I don’t mind it much, as long as it’s useful.

I just wish I could get a new one now. Cos I suspect most that you see on sale will be worn down in terms of functioning properly.

It’s 3 AM.

1 Like

nuhuh it’s like 11:49am here

my hands are too small for my thumb to reach all buttons , still loving a classic button

1 Like

I have never really adapted well to a mouse with more than the standard buttons.

I had a g600 that finally died on me after 6 years of use. I got a new corsair because the g600 is so expensive now. It’s similar but I miss my logitech.

1 Like

i actually need to get a new mouse. i have the scimitar rgb elite and the scroll wheel “click” button is starting to fail. super annoying!

i loved the old g600 and used mine until it gave up. the scimitar elite is fine and I’ll probably get another just because I’m used to it now. my thumbs are too big and clumsy to use those 12 tiny buttons accurately in the middle of a pull… 9 would probably be perfect!

1 Like

Hahaha, why? Why make dedicated hardware for a dying genre?

MMOs are on the way out and BRs are the ones holding the bloody knives.

Cos we old and we have money.
BR peeps are still eating noodles in college.

lol and how do you figure that? source: trust me bro?

you’re insanely wrong, only people who even care about BR’s are teenagers and 9 year olds