It's So Refreshing Seeing People Graveyard Running

missing reagent: light feather
/y CRAP!
iceblock on CD
/y CRAP!
blink 2 feet behind me and 5 feet higher because a pixel was in the way
/splat

Unless, of course, you actually go back to old content. Or if you spend more than an hour gearing up in end game content. I have a much easier time with elites on this 410 ilvl toon than I do on my fresh 120 with a 280 ilvl.

End game mob scaling is much slower than the rate at which capped characters gain power. It’s like complaining that your ferarri and the mob’s Honda travel at the same speed for the first three seconds off the line.

Same here. Can’t wait!

Zones in expansions people are leveling through can no longer be out leveled. This isn’t about going back to Elwynn at 120.

Most complaints I see aren’t about end game. I see mostly leveling is boring because they can never progress past mobs in the expansion they’re leveling through.

Everyone knows a higher ilevel will yield faster kills at end game. That’s not rocket science.

But you’re fighting the same elites 130 ilvls later. In Classic, that cave of ogres that I had to stop, map out a course of action and then execute it for completing a simple gathering or kill quest is now something I can do cartwheels through with no effort. Giving me a sense of progression and power growth.

The current system you can run into a cave and solo an Azerite quest at 300 ilvl. And then go back in at 400 ilvl and it’s somewhat easier? It’s just not the same dude.

1 Like

And when you played Vanilla how much did you know?

I can’t go back to knowing exactly zero about: stats, gear, rotations, CC, LoS, etc. Therefore playing Classic now won’t be the same experience. Sure there will be more difficulty with harder mobs, mobs that flee and call for help, larger aggro radius and such but I would go into Classic knowing all this and playing accordingly.

And it’s a trade-off. Now, you don’t get halfway through Hellfire Peninsula or the Twilight Highlands and outlevel everything around you thereby making the rest of the zone useless. You don’t have to abandon a dozen storyline quests because the rewards are not worth the time. You also get to pick your path of progression instead of being tied to the same zones in the same order every single time.

But I guess some people would rather just stomp through everything from level 10 onward without there ever being a challenge.

Yet leveling is exciting in Classic for exactly the same reason. I guess as long as you never leave Elwynn Forest you never have to worry about the mobs getting stronger. All this new scaling system does is smooth out the NPC power spikes and give players more choice. Classic players walking into the Wetlands for the first time aren’t stomping on the whole zone just because they got 20 levels worth of power and gear.

I bet I can cartwheel through that same ogre cave 130 levels later too. I do have that sense of progression. Like I said, the elites I was killing for WQs back in September die significantly faster today. I don’t even need to use my pet to tank because I can drop them before they get in melee range. Players are progressing on bullet bikes while mobs are progressing on pogo sticks.

As I said before…contradictory.

Again, having to plan out what you do because the mobs will take you in the back alley and then later not having to worry about that at all because of how far you’ve come does not compare to you being able to solo them and then later you’re able to solo them faster.

It’s not the same.

1 Like

I’m not arguing the merits for or against scaling. I was pointing out that your assumption that people complain scaling is hard was incorrect.

1 Like