It"s real they are doing it

I haven’t been in trade chat for years and my in-game life has been better for it.

It’s not really even a trade chat, anymore. Just a means to promote boosts.

1 Like

You’re confused. I’m not crying. I just have the ability to see the cause and effect of this.

The people happy about this are very short sighted.

It doesn’t affect me at all. I’ll still be selling boosts with my guild

Clearly.

I asked a genuine question because I wanted to understand your side of it even after you were rude to me.

I definitely won’t argue against the brainless part.

So, like me, you’re just typing to see your own words on the screen?

Fair enough, I suppose.

How kind of you.

What ever will I do without Snozh’s approval?!

I’m pretty sure your definition of trade is a bit off. What the boosters were advertising is definitely within the realm of the definition of trade.

Sure, but there was a point in time where it wasn’t overwhelmed with boosts, if there were any at all.

Now it’s boosts 24/7 with little else involved (items, mats, enchants, etc.). I’m not really working on the belief that boosts aren’t considered trade, only that there’s a clear shift from what it was and what it is now.

Sure, I very much look forward to the return of the days of Thunderfury spam in trade chat and other vulgar things that used to fill it up.

THis only affects the boosting communities not guilds and individuals

Blizzard has published a blue post about boosting communities now being prohibited in World of Warcraft.

This change does not prohibit the practice of boosting, guilds can still sell carries, it only prohibits the organization of “Boosting Communities” especially those operating on multiple realms.
sorce:

Is trade chat back??

Did I imply somewhere that it was more pleasant back then than it is now? I have no interest in boosting. I don’t like boosting, so personally speaking, I would much rather have a trade chat where other means of trade took place, but that’s difficult to find nowadays due to boost spamming, so my only option is to leave trade chat since it doesn’t look like it’s going to improve any time soon.

Both aren’t great, but at least with one, there were means of trade I was personally interested in. Now? Not so much.

I thought people wanted the authentic Classic experience? #nochanges

Addons like ClassicLFG existed in the original Classic as well so it actually is authentic :slight_smile:

Yeah, the ads could get bothersome. My Horde toons are on A52 and I see just as many guild ads as boosting service ads though.

It’s very unlikely. I think the only thing that will change is that there won’t be as much third party spam. We’ll still get guild and individual spam, if not more.

1 Like

Seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Obviously RMT is bad for the game, but this won’t solve the many issues that people actually have with boosting.

1 Like

It doesn’t solve the reason people actually boost. No one wants to talk about that.

This is a good point. I think a lot of people boost simply because the established grinds in this game, and what they expect from a player, are far too tedious and annoying to consider doing it multiple times on different characters.

Maybe I’m getting too tinfoil hat here, but I 100% believe that they will continue to make this game as tedious as possible so that it cycles back into more tokens being moved.

That was a good laugh, thanks :joy::ok_hand:

You think it’s bad now, wait until tomorrow.