Its over for m+

I mean the Affixes as they are suck, but the PTR is an in-progress thing. This isn’t a final product.

To respond to your concerns, M+ is fine. There’s no harm in having alternative ways to play the game. People like being rewarded for their effort. Removing rewards from M+ above 10 makes progression in M+ require raiding, something a lot of M+ players don’t want to do.

4 Likes

They ignore feedback…

I do M+ casually. I’ll heal when guildmates ask me to. We don’t stress over timing keys sometimes we time sometimes we don’t. Can’t really judge next seasons affixes until I get a chance to see them. I know this current season can have some combo’s that make healers hate their existence. Grievous and bursting together for instance. Yeah we got through it but I needed a strong drink afterwards.

1 Like

People don’t want to raid anymore. They wanna do M+ for loot. Ion can’t have that so they are basically destroying m+ to be nowhere near as good as raiding is. This is an insult to the playerbase who only likes to run m+.

10 Likes

What I don’t like about afflicted is that I’ll need to make a few mouseover macros just to deal with them, since I use Vuhdo for healing. And real estate on my action bar is already limited, as an rsham. Not a huge issue, but annoying, nonetheless.

2 Likes

Idk why people are up in arms, the only new affix that sucks is entangled. Which all they need to do there is make it so if you’re stacked it doesn’t spawn.

I don’t like that we have 3 ghostly/shadowlands themed affixes though. But I’ll live.

1 Like

M+ isn’t over for me till my friends stop doing it. I’ll put up with the worst affix for the sake of playing with people I enjoy spending time with.

7 Likes

The healers in these forums really hate healing

7 Likes

People quitting based on a blue announcement and data-mined spell descriptions that haven’t even been tested or tuned yet. Fancy.

No wonder Blizz never talks to us.

3 Likes

I wanted to disagree but the afflicted and incorporeal shades are both using shadowlands lost soul models.

3 Likes

I bet they got a fresh coat of paint tho

why do people insist on raiding ? raiding sucks, you need half a server to do a stupid 10 mins fight, on the other side m+ is an option for solo and small guilds, talking about joining a 20 man group while avoiding any social activity in the way, hilarious

10 Likes

Why would you bet that? They look just like regular old souls. Maybe they’re placeholder currently but that’s possibly copium.

I dunno. I dislike content creators and streamers for the most part, but the one I will occasionally watch snippets of, who has hosted the Mythic Dungeon International in the past, writes multiple healer class guides on Wowhead, and is a member of a US top 50 guild is saying that Afflicted is not looking like a “free” affix, and in fact could end up being problematic for healers and m+ in general.

Obviously we’ll have to all see how it plays out on the PTR with testing, but I’m going to give their opinion more credence than some random on the internet who is basically saying ‘it’s gunna be fine bruh, it’s basically free’.

2 Likes

I was waiting it out to see them before I changed my mind but thanks for confirming lol.

:thinking:

Afflicted looks pretty free.

In order of danger, afflicted is least, then incorporeal slightly ahead due to there being done pulls that are icky if you don’t have a spare hard CC, and then the only one of the three that’s actually scary in a real group comp is entangle.

1 Like

Again, I’m more inclined to believe an experienced player who has competed at top levels and actually hosts the MDI over people on GD. Obviously that person is withholding final judgement until testing comes out.

1 Like

It’s really not that hard.
The 3 new affixes.

1. Use an interrupt.

2. Use a dispel.

3. Move 10 yards.

The sky is not falling.

6 Likes

Who is this person? Top 50 raiding doesn’t mean good at M+. Neither does writing guides. In fact, it’s basically a meme that a lot of class guide writers are trash can tier.

Like, if you’re talking about someone like naguura, she didn’t even know why you bring blood elves to RLP. Lol.

2 Likes