"it's not cheating or an exploit, it's a clever use of game mechanics which Blizz tolerates and actually encourages"

A week just means next exploit people will do it with the notion of “hey worst that will happen is I lose a week”. 30 days has a real bite to it and actually sets you back.

10 Likes

Oh yeah absolutely, this is right up there with some of the historic bugs like skip to cthun and martin fury. The longer the better (i think perma bans are kind of overkill, but it depends how extensively they abused it. I could be convinced)

I dont care how much publicity they give Blizzard, this is so awful its almost kind of funny. They need to be reeled back in line.

5 Likes

90 days is the sweet spot

8 Likes

That would really send a message. I would have to applaud them if they went that far.

5 Likes

Keep them out of the phase they decided to ruin

11 Likes

^^
You have been removed from the game. Please try again in a few years!

6 Likes

Not so much for streamers. I’m ready to see clips of the ones that exploited getting permabanned on stream though. I’m just going to be waiting forever because Blizz won’t do the most reasonable thing with cheaters if they have OBS open.

5 Likes

What streamer exploited?

If nobody gets banned for this, especially the streamers, all it tells honest players is “if you find an exploit, USE IT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN”

Ngl, ill be kind of upset if the streamers/anyone else exploiting it gets off scot free when I’ve been sitting on it for over a week and could have been resetting individual bosses for pre raid bis/patterns for the past week or more instead of being an honest player and dungeon grinding like normal. What a slap in the face, honestly

20 Likes

Streamer or not if they exploited then they deserve equal punishment as someone who does not. Now I am not saying that blizzard should use their streams as evidence against them (witch hunting if you will).

Now streamers giving their opinion on the subject and watch a video of the exploit. I think that is fair game.

3 Likes

Esfand’s MC in particular, but probably all of them.

From what I understand they were in contact with the GM. And reported the issue.

They are:

“SURPRISE MECHANICS!”

5 Likes

And then kept exploiting it, including looting the spawned bosses. Because they’re scummy.

1 Like

I haven’t heard that.

It was streamed, at one point one of them actually notes they shouldn’t be doing it and then they do it anyway.

1 Like

Hope the ban hammer going bersek stance

3 Likes

I actually like the suggestion made by a certain streamer that i won’t name. A weeks worth of ban time for every time they killed a boss using the exploit. So you killed that boss 25 times? 25 weeks off.

15 Likes

Esfand reported it and had a CM along with his group to show them what was happening. IMO Esfand took the correct action and should be fine here.

2 Likes

If it looks like they were also exploiting group grind mechanics I’d go with a month ban and roll their toons back to level 20, 1g, no bank slots, nothing bigger than 8 slot bags, and remove all items you normally wouldn’t have at level 20.

But most importantly tell people that’s what you’re doing.

4 Likes