It's been LITERALLY years, fix the melee after an NPC charge blizzard

Warlocks seem fine and mages should be iceblocking or blinking out. Priest is probably the only class that should die and they generally have soulstones anyways.

Regardless if it’s a bug or not, it’s insanely bad game design

Blizzard agreed with you 15 years ago and changed the boss. That change is coming in phase 3.

Yep, pretty much this.

Not all of the “prenerf” boss encounters were better designs. Some were harder because of stupid things like this.

I agree. If this were a really hard fight, people would be up in arms over it. but since it’s easy, no one cares that much. But the underlying problem is there and should be fixed. Alar isn’t the the only problem. Charging trash also does this.

It is pretty manageable.

get gud.

It’s not a bug. That’s just one of A’lar’s many mechanics that you have to play around.

This was completely unnecessary a lot of us are actually looking forward to SoM.

So are a lot of things from original TBC… that’s why they changed them.

But we’re playing TBC Classic which should have limited changes.

It’s possible for a fight to be easy, and also have a design flaw

1 Like

This wouldnt be the first (or 2nd) time they misinterpreted a bug and put it on their list. Dont be so naive.

1 Like

Al’ar charged our paladin tank one time and he actually hit him BEFORE charging (while still, ya know, 30 yards away) and then hit him with another melee after the charge. “Not a bug” my behind.

A hit before charging would be a bug go provide blizzard those logs and might see a change unlikly thou.

A hit after the charge is not a bug and a outright stated mechanic of the fight. It might not be a good mechanic and why it was later changed abs will be later changed in phase 3 but non the less it is the correct mechanic to be happening in this phase as per what players asked for “pre nerf” versions of the bosses. It’s no different than him going to 6 platforms vs 4 is not a bug it’s part of the pre nerf version.

As for the one saying they misinterpreted it as a bug or not on there list go look at any vid from the first version of alar it is there. As such it is not a bug as a result of classic. As such it’s not a bug but part of the fight Dosent matter if it was a result of a bug or inteneded back in the day what matters was if it was part of that fight back in the day and it was.

Care to list the other times?

Vashj doesnt use “shoot” on random players. It was a side effect of the MC threat drop bug. They got this completely wrong yet STILL have it listed as ‘not a bug’.

They went out of their way to say Blizzard ticks dont proc clearcasting when that was never a bug anyone submitted in the first place. The bug was that it wasnt even proccing on cast - which was true, it was a bug - showing once again they didnt understand the problem.

And once again. Alar charging is not an Alar bug, the bug is with NPC charges in general not resetting autoattacks AND not returning its target back to the tank fast enough.

I have proven that there is a bug with NPC charges here: A'lar is doing Charge+Melee instead of Charge+Flame Buffet - #6 by Qbert-fairbanks

Why would blizzard continue pouring resources or cash into a game with a dwindling playerbase when they could double their subs with fresh vanilla?

Blizzard gave tbc a few months. Then they looked at the sub numbers. Then they started to stop caring about tbc. Then they went full out focus on developing SoM. Because tbc is garbage and vanilla keeps people subbed for a much greater duration.

I think they will still fix bugs in tbc but they’re definitely focusing on SoM and putting tbc on the back burner.

When did they ever “pour resources” into TBCC lmao they’ve had one intern running this thing and in spite of their complete mismanagement of the game, it’s still thriving.

SoM comes out really soon. You’ll be able to eat your words in short order when subs don’t magically double as everyone rushes to farm Molten Core again.

Blizz never put any effort into TBCC lol

They’ve barely been fixing bugs.

I’m sorry to inform you, but we’ve been farming molten core for the past 10 years. It’s better. Stay uninformed.

Better than what? It’s called Molten Bore for a reason. It’s a decent first raid ever, but just lol if you think hundreds of thousands of players are eager to grind to 60 and do Molten Bore for months again. And again, who is “we?” It’s just you and the voices in your head, bud.

It comes out next week, right? Bookmarking this so I can laugh at you.

I feel like I also remember some warrior issue that was removed from “not a bug” after Blizz realized they were wrong, but I can’t recall exactly what it was off hand.

Through the grapevine, I heard this is something entirely new to TBC Classic and never happened in Vanilla TBC.

Something to do with the new code…

Regardless, bet on Blizzard lying because their current programmers are just terrible and lazy. They’ve claimed they can’t do certain things in the past that people on private servers solved in a matter of days or weeks.

Regular unpaid people in their bedrooms wearing their PJs know Blizzard’s games better than Blizzard’s own employees do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.