Its been a while Emerald Dream

I was bored and wanted to see what the Emerald Dream forums look like now in 2021.

I see a lot of familiar names, from Xeer, to Ravenhul, mortingis, heltor and unfortunately kitty lol

So guys whats up, whats been the drama scoop about WPvP, is it dead still alive, do RP guilds exist still here?

1 Like

Big ded. 2 bad exps in a row, losing 90% of the RP scene to greener pastures, WM/sharding turning us from the RPPVP server into the smallest and least relevant RP server of the 3, and classic being better than retail will do that to ya. There’s been a million threads about this already pick any one of those if you want to be filled in. It’s not really all that interesting to be honest.

1 Like
2 Likes

super DEAD

1 Like

Long time no see, Zurga. I’ve said it before. Cause this is my take on Emerald Dream.

Emerald Dream Server is like Lordaeron. It was once a mighty empire. Now it’s splintered. Some went moonguard, some went WRA some stayed. Some went GW2 some went grobbulous, some out right quit, and some went other avenues.

CRZ/sharding ruined the community on retail. I just moved to Grobbulus on classic…hoping it’s fun.

Sup Heltor.

the server is a wasteland of trolling scavengers picking the small bits of meat left on the bones of world of warcraft

as always, the forums are a microscope of that, and is best used for inciting drama in between queues

1 Like

Hey I remember playing with you in Wotlk! I also came here to see what ED has become lol. I remember playing in the Crew with Natureswill, Undeadfred, No Mercy Mafia, KotE, Bandit Lounge, etc. Any of those guys still around?

1 Like

No Mercy Mafia is still active on Classic Grobbulus

It’s not Blizzard’s fault that ED “died”. I did a look-see yesterday and ED was more populated both in starting zones and capital cities than WrA. Only MG was more populated than both and only Alliance side. On WoWprogress you can see ED is a more populated realm than WrA.

It’s entirely your decisions to meet-up, and organize an ED that functions mostly in War Mode. The fact that hasn’t happened yet is simply a community choice, not a developer mistake. I’m with you on sharding ruining a few events but this whole spiel about WM ruining a realm is ridiculous.

The reason Classic RP is thriving more is because their community cares more.

That’s not really a fair statement. If you go on WRA or MG, regardless of how many people you see in the capital cities, just compare the number of people with TRP3 profiles and that will tell you everything you need to know. If 98% of the server are people who rolled on an RP realm with no intention of ever RPing, then 98% of the people you see idling in the capital cities may as well not even be there for all the difference it would make in terms of who shows up or participates in the RP community. WM stripped ED of its server identity and took away the one thing that gave people a reason to roll here or stay here when there are two larger RP realms to choose from. Saying WM wasn’t the final nail in the coffin, and putting the blame on the few in the RP community that have stayed in spite of it is ignorant at best.

1 Like

Haha. It’s good to see ya. Yeah those bright days of Emerald Dream are over.

:frowning:
I miss those glory days. I don’t forsee ED returning to that. Maybe one day.

The worst part is my transmog is 10/10 and the game is too crummy to play

1 Like

Nothing the other’s haven’t really said. I’ve been trying to keep Redwood going on retail, but a lot of the guild focuses Classic on Grob now. My time constraints don’t help in our retail endeavors either. Im also so far behind this season I’ve probably lost most-all motivation to try and gear up.

We still have events here and there though and try to breathe life into things. It has mixed success.

Good to see ya though Zurga. Hope things been treating you well.

-Imfernal

1 Like