It's 2023, we still do not have any WOW cinematic showcasing Gnomes or Goblins

Gnome love is needed. Gnome expansion. Gnome class. Etc… :smiley:

4 Likes

Gnomes were in legion cinematic.

1 Like

I’m hoping we do get Tinkers as a playable race one day, and Gnomes and Goblins are finally in the lime light and taken seriously.

Where? can you link which part was the Gnome fully rendered in wow 3d cinematic goodness?

1 Like

Hope you don’t think of any little of me? I usually try not to stoop this low. Even if life get you down try to look up for a better day.

babe, you’re a dwarf. You are barely higher than me. Calm your ball-touching-beards down.

2 Likes

Then you must look up to me?

the gnome king was(mechatorque) in this one

1 Like

Oh, honey, that isn’t a cinematic trailer. That’s an in-game cutscene, lol.

1 Like

They could all be gnomes. With nothing in frame for scale it’s impossible to tell for sure.

You are sooo funneh!

/s

1 Like

It’s just a high quality 3D edit of ingame models. Or custom rigs of those ingame models. It’s crazy impressive but it’s not what I’d think of if someone says cinematic, and not near the same level of work or effort afaik. Cinematic is generally a pretty subjective description, but the guy is clearly referring to the famous Blizzard quality cinematics, like the OG warcraft one with the dwarf on the mountain. Or basically any cutscene they made that had countless people asking why they didn’t just make a feature film if they could produce such quality.

Weird that there haven’t been any gnomes or goblins, good catch OP. But I think that’s also worth the asterisk that apart from TBC and Vanilla, most of the cinematics have been character driven rather than “hey look it’s a diverse world with lots of things to chose from.”

Closest we got was BFA, I guess, but apparently faction wars aren’t interesting.

2 Likes

this guy gets it. It’s weird we didn’t get even a glimpse of either Goblins or Gnomes in BfA cinematics tbh.

1 Like

If i had to guess, blizzard doesn’t know how to depict them without it being like tongue-in-cheek goofy, and didn’t want to break the “tone” of their cinematics.

Idk, I guess a gnome working in the base of that mechanized siege tower or goblins fueling the horde weapons wouldn’t have been ok without a comic relief sound effect.

Or just have them piloting shredders / mechs on the front lines. lol.

Really good catch tbh. Definitely need some gnome love in the cinematics.

1 Like

I firmly believe wow needs 3 things to be an actual warcraft game;

1. Gnome and Goblin featured prominently in a cinematic
  2. A proper tech-themed class
  3. Playable Ogres.
1 Like

I want an ogre but it’s actually just an elabourate mechanized ventriloquist doll for a gnome sitting on it’s shoulder.

like a combat mount, but slower and dumber.

Kinda like Ick from that ICC heroic.

No.

They’re the most uninteresting races in the game.

1 Like

or like the Goblin Alchemist hero from Wc3 TfT.

shh, grown ups talking here. now go over play with the zombie dragons in Northrend I dk what 13 yo play wow as.

2 Likes

I clearly remember a gnome reporter covering the opening of the Dark Portal for the Burning Crusade.

Let’s break down of the races featured in each expansion’s cinematic

Villa: Dwarf, Nelf, Tauren, Orc, Human and Undead

Burade; Nelf, Tauren, Orc, Human, Undead, Belf, Draenei and Troll (barely)

Wroking; NA

Casm: NA

Mistria: Pandaren, Human, Orc

Wanor: Maghar Orcs

Lgin: Darkfallen, Human

Bafoth: Nelf, Tauren, Orc, Human, undead, Troll, dwarves, draenei, darkfallen, worgen

Shand: Darkfallen

Dlight: Wildhammer, Zandalari, Dracthyr

Warthin: Human, Orc.

there’s no such cinematic.

Justice for all Gnomes and Goblins!

Well, maybe for Gnomes and hammer of justice for the Goblins. You know what you did.