Items with multiple appearances

I’ve been transmog hunting lately and some of the stuff from the last few expansions confuses me. I want the golden appearance for the Hundred-Fathom Veil, but I was only able to loot the dark blue one.

How does this work? How do I get the golden one?

The different color variations drop from different difficulties of the raid. In this case, it sounds like you want the one from Mythic difficulty. (You may need a friend or two to clear mythic difficulty right now.)

Probably the easiest way to see different color variations is to go to the sets tab of the appearances section of the collection. (It’s near the top left of the Appearances window.) When you look at a set, there will be a drop down menu to pick a difficulty, and you can see which color is in which difficulty. (In the case of the Hundred-Fathom Veil, you’re looking at the priest set from Tomb of Sargaras.)

For non-set stuff, you can go into the Dungeon Journal and look at the loot section. Again, you’ll have the option to select different difficulties to see the loot differences. Wowhead.com is also a useful site for looking stuff up and figuring out where it drops.

1 Like