Items disapper out of bag and reappear later

I’v had this problem happen nearly the past 2 weeks 4 times. I do not no why and believe its not addon related.
Example I had like 90 something stack of “sage agate”. at some point throughout playing the item will be missing out of the bag slot. I do put up alot of auctions and i do list that gem but i only put it up on the ah in quantitys of 20. I dont notice when happens till i see it missing. What i did to try fix problem was backup cache, wtf, addons to seperate folder. then delete them out wow folder and reload game, and the item will still be missing. this is why i think its not addon related because it should came back if was. This problem does’nt just happen to that item I’ve noticed its been random items effected. There may even be some items missing that I dont remember having. I dont memorize everything in bags.This issue bother me because its allways a decent chunk of gold disappearing in items, and what would happen if it never did come back. It has returned back past 4 times but usually takes up to a day for it to come back.

I did take a image after deleting cache, wtf, addons and load basic, but cant put picture here.

2 Likes

I’m bumping this because I’m seeing the same issue. It only ever happens if I’ve put a portion of a stack on the AH then signed into a different character and then came back to the character where I made the auction from. The spots where the remaining stacks of the items I put on the AH are empty. Then the items eventually come back on a subsequent sign in. It isn’t simply a display issue. If I loot stuff, those spots get filled with the new items. I always move them over to a truly free spot just in case that would prevent my items from returning later. My only way around it has been to remember to split the stack up before I put the auction on the AH, but sometimes I forget and then this bug happens. It’s very annoying. Please fix.

4 Likes

I know this is a old thread, but it just happened to me yesterday and the items reappeared today. Hopefully this can be resolved, as I noticed when 2 empty slots appeared in a bag that I always keep full.

1 Like

This might be an old thread… but I’m hoping this is what happened to my enchanting mats that seem to have randomly disappeared from my bag.

This is exactly what I did to trim down my mat supply… any idea how long you waited before they reappeared?

OK, for the record it took over a full day for the missing items to reappear in my bags, and no none of the usual disabling add-ons, clearing cache, etc. did anything.

Very disturbing bug - no one likes to see things disappearing from your bags! But lesson learned, will NEVER place partial stacks from bags directly on the AH… I’ll split off what I intend to sell first in a separate stack and separate bag slot, just in case.

I’m sorry to hear they haven’t fixed it yet. Yeah, I’ve just forced myself to get into the habit of splitting the stack before posting it on AH and I haven’t had any trouble since. We shouldn’t have to do that, but if the bug isn’t fixed, it is necessary to ensure things don’t disappear from you for good.

1 Like