Itemization

Why is it, that every xpac for the last 3-4 xpac, does it suck so much to get better rings and trinkets? Is there some dev plan that involves not being able to craft decent rings? Or have them drop from caches? Or have them as a quest reward? Seriously, what is with constantly screwing everyone over with that?

1 Like

Least you’re not running around trying to replace that mail item with your final plate piece.

Thats true, but holy crap its still annoying…

IL>Stats
6/8M doing just fine in 10+ keys

Thats nice, but it doesnt have anything to do with anything I said even remotely.

It does. Stats aren’t the end all be all.

Whom said I was talking about stats? I was talking in general. But while you are at it, put that theory tot he test, go grab a bunch of mis-statted items for your class/spec, see how that goes. Im not sur eyou understand that item level alone does absolutely nothing. Stats are what govern the power for your abilities as a character. So, you are in-fact wrong. But, see it as youd like.

“Itemization”

Itemization is not a clearly defined term in the MMORPG genre, but generally refers to the balance and distribution of items, their types, and the various effects, powers, and statistics attached to them.

Correct.

Item level, is not more imprtant than stats. You can have the highest item level on every piece, however, if the stats are wrong for the class/spec, then it will perform poorly.

The distribution of appropriate gear and the avenues in which it is distributed is poor, and has been for a long time.

1 Like

But Leeroy need int to heal better :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Stats distribution isn’t bad enough to QQ about. At least there’s no strength cloth gear anymore. Not everything has to be perfect for your class/spec

OP is right…you’re an idiot.

I realize I’m totally not into the min max thing. But my ideal stats are versatility/mastery and I have been getting almost exclusively big ilvl upgrades for crit haste gear, to the point where I would be down to 2% versatility if I had taken them, and my ilvl would probably be 10 higher.

However I would feel squishy as heck and do a lot less damage. Damage being a guardian’s weakness, I won’t trade damage to get an ilvl upgrade.

I’m finding it hard to believe that you equip just any damned thing that is an ilvl upgrade. Repeatedly.

The funny thing, I’m pretty sure OP is just saying it’s hard to get good trinkets and rings… just upgrades at all, unless I’m reading it wrong.

I think they’re trying to give people who don’t want to run dungeons an “incentive” to push keys.

Vers is my best and lowest stat. Look me up on Warcraftlogs. 90%+ parses heroic EP. 70-80%+ on Mythic (could’ve been higher but I don’t aim for perfection and we stopped redoing eArly bosses to work on Zuq)

Perhaps for an elite player it is less important. I just can’t see trading off damage for what is essentially a vanity upgrade, ie, if it doesn’t help me or even is a serious loss to my damage, afaik it’s purely a vanity thing for me to equip a piece of gear.

Example: 111 twinks now spam normal dungeons for perfectly itemized 217 gear with sockets, which are better than even titanforged mythic antorus gear without sockets.

It’s not all about D/HPS. Healers like when you have more hp and armor. You can take more aoe or direct hits as a dps.

Won’t most of your dps come from azerite/essences/trinkets/weapon anyway? I feel like you really can’t be picky as a tank until you’re nearing the ilvl cap unless you’re pushing some hardcore m+ and need such and such to survive dangerous pulls.

I don’t know specifically about other tanks but I know the general tip for brewmasters is “take the ilvl upgrade”. But then each stat has a use for us.

I can’t imagine high vers being the most important thing at low ilvl though. Your tool kit will be doing all the heavy lifting not your gear.

Nobody likes the glass cannon in the group who keeps dying because he has no Stamina or armor