Itemization in WoW Classic

thanks for the update!

1 Like

about what i expected.
thanks for the update.

1 Like

This community never moves on =P

People are still going on about class balance even though they put that to rest months ago.

7 Likes

You monster.

Thanks for the update, Kaivax.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Absolutely makes perfect sense. How is it this team is able to make rational, supportable decisions… and that “other team” is always just saying “Things didn’t work out as we planned… still we’re going with it.”

7 Likes

She’s kinda right though.

All this back in forth led us to this “update” just confirming what we already know because people want to play confused.

We’re using 1.12. But WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!

Blue Post: Everything will be 1.12

OH WoW Thanks for the clarification

5 Likes

I mostly agree with this, and I really appreciate the continued updates, but I think especially in regards to PvP rewards this actually creates an imbalance that was not present in the original game. The 1.12 PvP rewards in particular are so good that you’re basically going to make ranking mandatory for hardcore raiding guilds, which wasn’t at all the case in vanilla. It’s a thing on private servers sure, but not a good thing in my opinion. It completely changes the meta of the game in regards to the PvP system.

5 Likes

Kaivax,

Thank you for the update. Regarding catch up Itemization for a very specific set of items Rank 14 weapons and Bonereaver’s Edge, If these items are released in the final state at Launch they would negate the entire weapon progression for Warriors.

Until Late AQ 40 and Naxx. Wouldn’t it be worth For BRE to be updated progressively?

BRE would also provide warriors with an incredible advantage in PvP at launch.

6 Likes

To be fair there was a time when Blizzard did ask us which version of things we wanted, even if they did say 1.12 would be the foundation.

This is just the confirmation that the answer to “which version” is “1.12” in every scenario.

Though people will just switch to “If enough of us show support for it, they might change their minds!”.

and we’ll probably get a few “It’s static 1.12? RUINED FOREVER!!!” posts in the next few days.

10 Likes

1.12. Woot now let me play!

1 Like

:frowning:

1 Like

This right here is what so many people don’t seem to understand.

43 Likes

True but knowing is only half the battle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing update. Really well written and detailed post. It is clear how passionate the team is about these decisions, and that you’re putting a lot of effort into (a) making decisions and (b) sharing the logic behind those decisions.

Thanks for a great post (yes we’ve had a weekly blue post, but what about second weekly blue post?)

2 Likes

So I understand you on BRE more so on the Rank 14 item. The rank 14 item is going to require an absurd amount of playtime that very few will be able to do.

So while yes they would negate the weapon progress for some hardcore warriors. It’s not going to be every warrior.

3 Likes

This also seems to reinforce that Blizzard will be releasing a 1.12 AV, by stating that battlegrounds mechanics will remain 1.12. And Blizzard seems to not be waivering on that.

Now I need to find a YouTube video of the most powerful 1.12 items in early content. Idea for you @tipsoutbaby!

Everyone please keep in mind relating to pvp gear that the pvp gear will not be widely held until BWL (Phase 3) when bgs are introduced and people can farm WSG and AV. You won’t be face rolling MC in pvp blues in the first month of release. It’s still difficult to pvp rank via world pvp and there is still the time gate of ranking up versus other players in the honor system.

Again those PVP rewards, even Rank 7-10 gear will be significantly better for many classes up until AQ even Naxx, and it won’t take them “months” to get these, literally could be done in a couple months, all in Phase 2. Should really reconsider this for PVP items, and bring in the Blue level 58 PVP rewards during that phase. BUT I understand if you don’t.

It’s very counter-intuitive to releasing phased content when you are giving extremely strong gear for the Phase. Not impressed by this update Blizzard.

7 Likes

They already said a while ago that AV would be 1.12. People have been complaining about it ever since.

1 Like

Just because the vanilla progression can’t be perfectly recreated doesn’t mean no progressive itemization is the answer in my opinion. Having 1.12 PvP rewards in particular creates a balance problem that never existed in vanilla at all. As far as balance goes, there is no distinction between a new item added in 1.12 and an item that was updated to be as good as Naxxramas loot in 1.12…except that with the current plan, the R14 PvP weapons will be added to the game in Phase 2.

5 Likes