Item Restoration 7 or 15 Days?

I performed an item restoration on May 30th. The Item restoration page mentioned a 7 day cooldown. I knew this was 15 days in the past.

The FAQ at https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/16572 also looked to be updated with a 7 day timeframe.

However when looking at my characters cooldown after using the service, it looks like the 15 day cooldown took effect. Now I noticed the timeframe is updated to 15 days again on the Item Restoration self service.

I worked with a GM to resolve my specific issue, but would love some clarity:

Is this a 7 day or a 15 day cooldown on this service? Current documentation does not match what the service is giving.

Uhhh, we cut it in have the beginning of last month. Not heard of any changes, 15 is normal though.

3 Likes

15 is normal but the page at https://us.battle.net/support/en/restoration was updated to 7 days, and now shows 15 again. While the other article I mentioned said 7 days (updated 6 days ago).

Could you point me at the announcement or link or similar for when it was cut in half?

1 Like

Not sure it was ever announced, and it may have been intended to be temporary, but I’ll try to get an answer.

2 Likes

Thank you Orlyia. At a minimum, the documentation is wrong and should be updated to match.

At worst people who submitted resets with the assumption of 7 day cool downs were instead put on 15 day cool down for the service.

This all may just be a bug and the cooldown actually was 7 days for when I did it. Would know for sure on Saturday.

Just to rule out anything funky that may be hanging about, could you try this in a different browser, or try clearing your cookies/cache - see if you get the same thing? You very well may, but that should rule that sort of thing out.

2 Likes

I see the same behavior in another browser and also after clearing cookies/cache.

Support article mentions 7 days, actual restoration page says 15 days.

I did check in wayback machine and on the 31st the item restoration page is archived as showing 7 day cooldown. It was only updated again to 15 days in the last day or 2.

Ok, let me try this again. For items, it is INTENDED to be 7 days, but the change got delayed, and the article was wrong. They are still working on it. Sorry for any confusion. There are two different types, character - and item, and while they are suppose to match not everything got in.

8 Likes

Thanks for tracking that down. I see the support article is now updated to match. Hopefully anyone in my boat (performed a restoration) will find this thread.

3 Likes

Really hope they switch it to the 7 day cooldown soon tbh. Thanks for making this thread.

1 Like