Item cannot be modified

Multiple items on my character can no longer be upgraded despite having all the prerequisites. I instead get an error saying ’ item cannot be modified’.

7 Likes

Having same issue at this point . I’m 1600 in pvp and the issue is persisting even when its only after 1 upgrade. Almost like Blizz has an invisible cap to “upgrade” limits, like we can only upgrade so many pieces up to max I guess. Which WOULD SUCK.

1 Like

Myself and a friend are having the exact same issue at 1600 rating, upgrading some of our items. I can upgrade all but helm, neck and bracers, belt and ring

I have the same issue

Same issue. The funny thing was is I had 5 items I needed to upgrade for 1600 (not including trinkets) and I got my one win above 1600, upgraded two items then started getting the error on the bracers, then the belt and then the ring. I was able to upgrade my neck and back fine.

I’ve even closed down wow, disabled all my add-ons, run the repair tool, logged back in and I’m still not able to upgrade those three items. I don’t think it is add-on or UI related when two items upgraded but the others would not.

1 Like

Tacking onto the thread. Still experiencing this exact issue 14 hours after the first occurence of it. Have tried everything. Replying for additional visibility.

Piling on here, same issue upgrading PvP gear.

Same - can’t upgrade above 10/12 even though I meet requirements.

Same issue here - could upgrade fine yesterday, cannot do so today.

Currently having the same problem trying to upgrade my pvp waist and ring. “This item cannot be modified” even though I have the rating to upgrade both.

Issue is also occurring on Korthia items. Cannot upgrade rings to 6/6 despite meeting all requirements.

2 Likes

We are currently investigating an issue where PvP gear can’t be upgraded. When hitting the upgrade button the error message “This item can’t be modified” appears. Currently, we do not have a workaround or resolution that can be provided. We apologize for any inconvenience while our developers work as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.

They posted this under a bug

Having the same issue. Appears that only items bought on 11/9 are not upgrading and I’m able to upgrade previous items.

I have the same issue in PvE Gear. I’m 2k io and I can’t upgrade the gear to lvl 12, the limit is lvl 10.

1 Like

Same issue here, ring upgrade to 6/6 in Korthia gives me the error.

1 Like

Likewise, I have the same problem. I have all the requirements. however, i cannot update my pvp and mythical items +…

Same on Korthia items. Some items have been upgraded to 6/6 and some I can’t upgrade to 5/6.

2 Likes

This one is confusing and annoying. I am sure Blizz will fix soooon… I hope. I am also having the same problems.

I am having the same problem with pvp gear. Honestly the amount of bugs with gear since 9.1.5 dropped is getting really annoying.

I am seeing this as well.