It is up to us to fix War Mode

Didn’t see you complaining when WM was all horde camping alliance making it impossible to quest sometimes. Now that you’ve gotten a taste of it you don’t like it. Let me share the 2 pieces of advice that all the horde shared with us.

(1) Turn WM off, easy right?
(2) “Git Gud”

5 Likes

“Keep in mind, while I play Horde and am currently on the receiving end of the absolute buffoonery that is the current state of War Mode, I am not naïve enough to believe Alliance did not experience the same earlier in the expansion.”

Reading is fundamental.

1 Like

As a dual faction player that mains Ally (and been WM on since day 1), I can say horde have it worse now than ally did at any point in 8.0. Horde zergd when they were bored. Ally is zerging for the free loot.

6 Likes

Unlike Arsenal who is blinded by free 400 loot, Nomak actually has a brain.

I really liked your thread, m8.

4 Likes

Wish there were incentives for both sides to group up or form raids, not just for one faction. I don’t remember it well but I do miss that feeling I had when joining PVP at Tarren Mill and sporting my PVP title earned not through arena.

My advise would be that horde players learn to solo in hard mode, which can be helped with here:

or you network your community together better on your server such as here:

What you want will come from bonds created between guilds and individuals on both sides (which won’t bind people who just want to troll). Those waiting for pve centered developers to fix this in wow or any other game are bound to be disappointed 99% of the time.

Your best bet is to form up with friends, fight, and become a much harder target. That’s my 2 cents, your mileage may vary.

/salute

1 Like

Yes it is fun. Also… gonna have to hard pass on the community action, but I hear your point and appreciate it!

2 Likes

Also, I’m getting pretty damn tired of hearing this. The World of Warcraft is massive so how would you even know; he could have complained about imbalance back then and you could have easily missed it lol.

Alliance apologist. I’ve read many of your posts and even the one’s prior to 8.1 were nothing more then attack after attack on the Alliance player base. With zero criticism of the horde player base, in fact out side of your tireless defense of them you wouldn’t have said anything related to them. Which in my strong opinion severely weakens your argument to the point of of almost being irrelevant.

2 Likes

One word for this post: idiotic

1 Like

So the fact that I’ve played warmode extensively on both factions, and have first hand experience what both sides have endured, my thoughts are irrelevant?

I have no faction bias, that’s it. I call out crappy player behavior, regardless of which side they call home. Sorry that you see no problem with the majority of alliance not opting in until the freebies were on the table.

I’ve seen the 'war" from both sides? Have you? If not, how can my opinions be irrelevant, but yours aren’t?

I’m sorry but I can’t take your word, as you have only shown disdain toward the Alliance player’s. With your constant defense of the horde, it clear you have a bias.

I see a problem with someone that belittles an entire faction, knowing all to well that were player’s like myself who remained in WM all throughout 8.0. And to say the horde are worse off is laughable, if any case it has been the same. Honestly you could take the gear reward and make it honor and conquest and I would still hunt down horde to kill them.

No I haven’t. As my horde toon is only 72. And that does cause my argument to me more bias toward the Alliance. I never said your opinion was completely irrelevant.

2 Likes

My criticism hasn’t been players like you at all. I only take issue with the ally that opted in after 8.1. I love the Alliance players like you, Irisse, and anyone else that stuck with WM all of 8.0. I have no respect for the people that will turn WM off the second the bonus/AOO shifts to horde. Those types of players are the ones receiving my “disdain”. I simply think those folks are exactly the type of people camping incursions and WQ’s now. I saw you had most of your WM achievements before 8.1, and I tailored my response accordingly. You have my respect.

And this is why you seeing me be very active on the topic. I’ve seen both sides extensively. Not that my experience mirrors every single player’s, but I feel I can over a “fair” perspective. I truly think WM as alliance was only really rough the first month of BFA. That time period when everyone was max level, but there was no Uldir, M+, or pvp season. Horde were camping shared WQ’s, because that’s all there was to do. The last couple of months leading up to 8.1 were fine as a solo alliance player. I had no trouble completing daily emissaries.

AOO has given the alliance a reason to farm horde. The alliance zergs are absurd, and much more frequent than the horde zergs were in 8.0. It’s nearly unplayable for horde right now, which is bad for the game overall.

All I’m advocating for is relative balance in WM. That means sometimes you’re the windshield, and sometimes you’re the bug. I don’t want to see either side completely dominating WM. There is no fun in being steamrolled by 10+ people. It’s also no fun killing 1 guy with 10 other people. I blame the original Predator movie I guess. He doesn’t kill women or the injured, because “no sport”. That’s how I see WM, at least for my own behavior.

3 Likes

Blizzard has to fix their garbage shard system first. You always enter one where the opposite faction owns the entire zone or the opposite faction doesn’t exist.

And yet you have no problem with the Horde players who turned on war mode so they could get the 10% uncontested, and turned it off while whining on the forums as soon as 8.1 hit and they actually faced some Alliance PVP opposition in war mode.

If you’re right about Horde facing worse odds now than Alliance did at any point in 8.0, then Horde will have both the Against Overwhelming Odds quest and the 30% bonus next week. If I’m right and Alliance are just better at using the people we have in world PVP, they won’t. I’m betting that your opinion just shows severe confirmation bias on your part, but we’ll find out Tuesday morning.

2 Likes

It is when you’re alliance and getting heroic level raid gear for it.

The free heroic gear gives alliance way more encouragement to camp than horde ever had. Horde camp when they’re bored. Alliance actually get rewarded for it.

If horde got the rewards as well, alliance would be right back here screaming in tears

The “uncontested” part of 8.0 falls squarely on Alliance shoulders. WM post 8.1 has clearly shown that Ally are quite capable of fighting back. The issue is most of those people didn’t decide to fight back until very lucrative bribes were on the table. The bribes go away, and so will most of those alliance.

You speak to me of confirmation bias, yet say the following:

Alliance have a very lucrative reason to hunt horde. Horde have never had this same type of motivation. I get that you’re all about Team Blue. But how can you possibly think that the average ally you see zerging in WM is doing nothing other than collecting free loot?

I respect your passion for WPVP. The issue is you think all of these recent ally “pvp’ers” are opting in for the love of WM. I think they’re opting in for the love of free loot.

1 Like

Horde started 8.0 with a 55-45 population advantage in characters leveling to 120, due to Blizzard having given Horde superior racials for years. So if battlegrounds were always 11 Horde to 9 Alliance, I guess you’d say that was also “squarely on Alliance shoulders”? We’re just going to have to agree to disagree there.

At least Alliance who are turning war mode on for the rewards are turning it on to PVP, as opposed to the Horde who turned it on for rewards in 8.0, who turned it on because they wouldn’t have to PVP.

We had this discussion last week, where you claimed Horde were outnumbered. The bonus rates and continuation of AOO proved otherwise. The only reasonable conclusion is that there are still more Horde than Alliance, but because Alliance are so much more effective at world PVP, it seems like there are more Alliance.

City raids are a case in point. When Horde raided Boralus in 8.0, Alliance grouped up, formed a raid, and fought them until they wiped. When Alliance raided Dazar’Alor, Horde whined on the forums. The AOO quest hasn’t changed that; Horde reacted by whining both before the quest and afterwards.

Heck, when we saw even a couple Horde in Boralus harbor, whoever saw them first would /yell “Horde!”, and three people would immediately replay with “Where?” Then 5 or 10 Alliance would go after them and camp them until they left the area.

Now if a couple Alliance go near Dazar’Alor, the Horde just freeze, each seemingly hoping that someone else will be picked out as the gank target. Horde and Alliance just react very differently to world PVP, and that’s why Horde are the ones feeling the hurt.

I think this sums up our respective WM views. :smiley:

The real problem I have with War Mode is the “If it’s red kill it, no matter what it is!” mentality. The perks you get for killing an enemy player should only apply in zones appropriate to Your level, you should get nothing for going into a lvl 40 zone just to farm players who are trying to quest. Now if a peon gets caught in the cross fire between to battling superpowers, well too bad so sad. Just STOP making the peons the primary targets!!! This applies to Both Factions