It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

Generally, this is true. This tier, it’s pretty much just Mythic Echo of Neltharian. Every other fight is totally optional.

I think having timers can be valuable, but I think Blizzard has gotten way better at designing fights that don’t require computational weakauras, which I think everyone agrees is good for the game.

I’m progging M Echo now, and by far my least favorite thing about the fight is troubleshooting the weakauras. If they weren’t an absolute, non-negotiable necessity to kill the fight, I’d happily delete them.

That said, I will always want to use addons and weakauras for general UI enhancements. Good informational displays permits the game to have a lot more depth.

And if they gave us an extra 2-4 seconds to react to the debut, it wouldn’t be required.

1 Like

Yeah, agreed. And this is after the size was nerfed 5 yards… However necessary it is now, it was way more necessary the first few weeks of the patch.

I love World Quest Tracker, too. The other addon I would never give up.

Then try it without a few times to get the hang of it. I started classic when it came out and did it with no addons until tbc released. It was actually fun trying to relearn the game

Weakauras definitely needs a ban.

Idk about banning all addons but I think they could ban weak auras and maybe DBM if that’s what is causing the content to get so difficult

Yea, I hate using addons, and I try to get as few as possible. Any decent game should come w/ all u need to play it fully.

No thank you. I 'll stay with my addons.

1 Like

How is the content becoming difficult because of DBM or weak auras? That doesn’t make sense

Why would weakauras definitely need to be banned? It doesn’t affect anyone else’s game play?

They have to make the fights more complex to
keep up with the addons. Recently came back and didn’t have my addons up to date but I logged in anyways. Got in a group to do Raszageth and the amount of mechanics for one boss was pretty ridiculous and overwhelming to keep track of without using an addon.

I really wanted to say this, but having addons doesn’t make the game anymore easier, it just makes things a lot more convenient. Addons doesn’t add in Minecraft’s “Easy Mode” to WoW.

1 Like

I definitely think they should be banning addons beyond like DBM that make encounters easier, because then the devs just have to make the fights more complex and hectic to compensate. A blanket ban on addons isn’t the answer though.

1 Like

Yea not all addons. Also what’s to stop players from downloading addons similar to DBM if it ever got banned.

The rotations really don’t seem complex enough to need Addons to help you do them…

Of the past 2 raid tier, there is really only 1 boss that an addon makes significantly easier. People that dont even raid like to exaggerated how much raiders rely on addons, most of them are just about displaying information and timers, not more than that.

I read the first few paragraphs of nonsense and then stopped. Did it end something along the lines of “I’m quitting”? If so then good I really don’t want someone with such idiotic opinions apart of this community.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

Most of the players on the forum who support the removal of addons are players who don’t do anything above LFR and very low keys. Why do these players care if addons were removed? Removing addons won’t make them better players. lol

4 Likes

Is basically armchair coaching, they like to pretend that addons play the game for you and is the only reason people are able to clear raids.

2 Likes