I’ve recently come back to WOW after a long break since Warlords of Drainei. When creating a new character I saw the void elves, and immediately wanted to main one. I found that all i needed to do was a quest series from legion. Simple enough right? very very very wrong.
The requirements to get these void elves:
-Complete the " you are now prepared" achievement
-Complete a short allied race quest
The “you are now prepared” process is shadowlands is riddled with problems. I’ll break down getting it into smaller steps
- Achieve a character of at least 50 to unlock Chromie
- Undergo the broken shore quest line to unlock the legion playing area
- Level up to 45 and acquire the quest uniting the isles from Khadgar in Dalaran.
- Complete the quest- it requires getting at least friendly in the many factions in the legion. For some reason it didnt require all of them for me to turn them in though.
- Speak with Khadgar at Krasus landing to start a different quest
- Finally speak to khadgar again to get directed to stormwind where vereesa windrunner will bring you to argus.
- Finish the Argus quest line detailed herehttps://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-argus-guide#argus-dark-awakenings
Chromie will not allow you to do these quests once you are 50, she cuts you off from her time travel.
If you start these quests at 45, you wont be able to finish the argus quests because you will reach 50. The work around here is cutting off your XP in stormwind.
Chromie is glitchy, travelling through instances some times take you back to present time, but she will still think you’re in the legion expansion. Contacting khadgar was extremely frustrating because of this. My best method was to reset it, ask her to take me to present time and then go back to legion, and then use the dalaran hearth stone.
The quest “where they least expect it” in the argus quest line is almost impossible. They designed legion invasions as pseudo raids, with the idea that people will group up and do them together in groups of at least 10. Since no one beyond 50 can time travel, then you cannot be carried. Alternatively you can do it, if you have 9 other like minded people that jumped through these ridiculous hoops to get to this point do it raid style.
I am now stuck at this point. I’ve found two others with their XP turned off fighting to get a void elf. We gave up.
We beg you, please just include allied races like these, or drop the invasion quest requirement. OR OR OR here is an idea- allow us to use chromie after level 50. I really want to play a void elf and come back to wow, but with the way this is going im losing confidence.