It is as we feared

what mistakes? Do you not understand what placeholder means?
When WoD beta happened the vendors didn’t have a single piece that had vers or multistrike (the 2 new stats) until late beta build.
Back when you had to go to a vendor for your tier gear with a token, the beta vendors didn’t even have the tier gear yet until later.

I thought I read somewhere the vendor gear was going to be a base ilvl and then you could upgrade them with a valor point type currency

i guess you have to view it from a perspective other than your own

what makes you think ion views the current game as a failure?

you could make the argument that more pvp oriented players are doing move pve than they ever have before
and more pve oriented players are dipping their toes in/succeeding in pvp when they wouldn’t have before

if anything i’d say the current game is a pretty big success in his eyes

Think more benethic. Valor was a static cost for every upgrade, this will probably increase cost for every tier upgrade.

Ahh okay. I cant seem to find it anywhere but I assume you read it aswell?

I’m not too sure about that, I’ve read some pretty nasty Blood of the Enemy forum posts before. :smiley:

And you guys do realize that Venruki posted a thread about gearing in Legion → BfA and how it felt awful… and yet nothing was done about it.

(Reference: PvP gearing is bad and not fun (HELP) )

Do you truly think Blizzard is capable of giving every spec 14/16 BiS stat items on the PvP vendor???

It was an older interview so nothing quite yet in official announcements.

Well hopefully they do something, anything to improve the current system

Starting to realize you don’t know what you are even arguing.

you’re still viewing it from the perspective of our small niche community

if 1000 die hard pvpers hate how gearing works right now

but 50,000 pve oriented players like that they dont need a second set of gear or that they can just go in and play all forms of content with the gear they did pve content for
it’s still likely that they view it a success and not a mistake

it’s always really entitled and assumptive when people say things like “blizzard isn’t learning from their mistakes…” when that’s subjective and the game is obviously being designed for people that aren’t us

2 Likes

Even then he is taking placeholders as proof of something, when they are just placeholders. He just loves to bash on blizzard with the weirdest points as his argument.

:grinning: anyone else worried with this many choices that a casual is gonna end up buying the wrong gear and then POOF!! bye bye vendor? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Can you enlighten me on how this is the weirdest arguments?

Voicing a concern over what stats are going to be on gear is the whole point of me posting in this forum. I have an issue with something I believe is incorrect, I can either A: Scream into my pillow, or B: Post about it on the forums.

BfA has been a terrible experience gearing wise for PvPers. From Azerite gear, to Trinkets, to now the cloak and corruption. They have also done a terrible job of itemizing stats on PvP gear for the PvP community. For four seasons, mind you.

In Shadowlands we are receiving a Vendor with gear. However, that vendor is next to useless compared to what we currently have if:

BiS stats do not come from the PvP vendor.

• If they don’t offer BiS PvP stats, then what is the point? I’m not going to buy the gear.

So yes, I am on the forums, instead of screaming into my pillow, saying that unless these “place holders” change into something useful they are going to be useless.

We don’t know what stats are going to be offered, because it’s a freaking placeholder.

However never in the history of the came could you have BiS stats from pvp vendors for your entire set.

1 Like

This is called proactive problem solving. Look it up :slight_smile:

yes, and Ion said in a recent interview, he believes it to be within 95% effectiveness. In order to be 95% effective, that can only be 1-2 items.

What we have on live, is not 95%, no where close.

Let me know if that is too hard to read.

Isn’t pvp vendors.

But imagine, if you would, they took those 2 belt options, those 2 bracer options, those 2 ring options, etc and just threw it on a vendor.

The exact same thing we have on live except you can purchase those items without a weekly cap.

My priest, for example, does NOT want a single one of those items. So if you simply put all those items on a vendor, my priest will continue to not want any of those items.

That’s the point that’s trying to be made. That’s the “it is as we feared.”

Beta is designed to give feedback while things are still in the design phase. This is called feedback.

The feedback:

If 1-2 items aren’t BiS for my class great.

if 13/16 items aren’t BiS for my class, that’s a issue.

Pretty straight forward.

Edit: Here I’ll even phrase it like this

Blizzard: Here are 16 Place holder slot items on the PvP vendor. What is an acceptable amount of those place holder slots to not have BiS stats?

Me: 1-2.

Umm can we chill with the Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^_-

2 Likes

Well that’s basically how it always was, minus I think there was 3 options not 2 for those off pieces.

Not gonna happen, now you won’t have best stat weights.
**Like if you were wanting heavy vers with off mas on everything won’t happen.

**But even live it’s corruptions that really kill everything, but my orc monk (an alt all of bfa) had no problem pushing 2.2k as a WW using only gear from pvp not touching a dungeon.
So really the biggest thing holding back will be the ilvl and that is it, if you are in the right ball park for your stats than it will be fine.

Edit:*

this is exactly what the vendor is?

the current system is what the vendor always WAS

they just removed the choice to pick the order for yourself

the vendor is just going to be the current cap system but currency based with the ability to choose that you want a cloak before you want bracers

the big difference though, is the upgrade system we don’t know about yet
if it works like the benthic system it’s already a vast improvement over live

but i believe it’s likely that the upgrade currency is the same as the armor currency meaning you can choose to buy 2 pieces of gear over 2 weeks, or buy 1 piece of gear + upgrade that 1 piece of gear over 2 weeks

which basically means you will likely still be doing mostly m+

1 Like