It bothers me when people dont mog their gear

I appreciate those who make the time to transmog. Some players just don’t care and that is their choice. Transmog does give this game a little more color and variety.
**What bothers me is when Hunters don’t name their pets! Shame on them!

1 Like

Guilty…

… however, at this point I do it because I think it’s funny when someone points it out - at which point, I give my pet their name. From then on, they have a name with a history and meaning!

(I currently have unnamed pets… perhaps one of them should be named Startastic!)

3 Likes

I like to wear current drops to a degree, just to get the feel of the current zones. I’ll mog on occasion when things start looking terrible.

I would never bother to mog anything on a panda. Not much you can do to make them look tough.

Your mom and mine were wise people. However, some times it hurts not to say anything. Like now. :wink:

My tentacles mog brings Nyarlathotep to the yard
And the old gods are like, H’ ah vulgtmnahor than ymg’

12 Likes

@ OP Personally, if I was gonna be complaining about people not transmogging their gear, I would not be caught dead in the mog you are wearing; but that’s just me.

Well, with the game allowing pets to retain their name if the beast was a named npc (IE a rare, a boss tameable, or a quest named npc), you don’t need to rename them.

Especially if the rare was a Rare Wolf in Elwynn Forest named Lamepaw the Whimperer. That’s a unique name in of itself, because if you tame it, it’ll retain that name when tamed, spaces and all. You think I want to rename that, knowing that spaces can’t be used in names? Heck no!

3 Likes

Exactly. I tamed pincushion, not the correct spelling, and there is no way I’m changing the name.

I respect people who put effort into their appearance.

I also mount the Grand Expedition Yak in front of any “rodeo clowns” as a subtle nudge towards the light.

1 Like

With the way players complain about getting endless gear, doesn’t it make sense to not transmog every piece?

1 Like

I have become totally obesssed with classic transmogs.
I love them because youre not very high level before you can mog the entire set instead of that hideous mix of heirloom appearances.
By the time I can use my yak transmog mount I can choose from probably at least a dozen mog sets that Ive collected to use.

I like the simplicity of classic mogs too. most of the later stuff just really starts getting way too busy looking for my liking

Speaking of mogs, yours is 10/10 because every time I look at it I lol.

Also, I agree. There’s a nasty disparity between armor sets in BFA and Legion. In the end, I always end up with a Legion-esque mog.

People enjoying the game in a way you dont agree with. OMG

2 Likes

I generally don’t mog until my gear is fairly static. It’s a waste of time and money, IMO. As I’m leveling I can mog the heirlooms as they don’t change but otherwise meh.

1 Like

But what do you think when your mog ends up like this one?

I’d say let them do them. They aren’t hurting anyone or hindering anyone by not mogging their gear.

Some people like to look really cool, others the gear is just a means to an end. Both sides of this can coexist peacefully if we really make an effort.

1 Like

that it is, lol :+1:
The cost of a single mogging at high levels certainly makes the $20 cost of a token seem to be outrageous, IMO.
they need to lower the cost.
In ESO as long as youre keeping the same appearance…ie not changing anything…its free every time you get a new piece of gear. Its basically a ‘cover’ over your armor that is just there when you get new pieces.

2 Likes

I liked rifts system. You mog the slot so any gear in that slot gets the mog. It was better for the player but not a gold sink for the game. I’m sure there are ups and downs for both.

2 Likes

Not everyone is as vain as you, buddy.

Then again, given what you’re wearing I assume this is a joke post. LOL

1 Like

I judge a person based on their transmog the same way I do based on the way they cook steak

1 Like

Possibly. Seems like it.

I do like to see a good mog, but unmogged and mismatched is not as bad as having a distracting name that was meant to be a joke or statement, but really just distracts from the fantasy aspect of the gam.

Edited to add that Shonky is a fine name. That comment wasn’t directed at you or any one in particular.

1 Like