It’s Time for The Great Push!

Ah, yes. Remember those same 8 dungeons that you ran over and over again to fill up your vault, because raid wasn’t a good avenue to gear, and there was nothing else compelling to do for PVE outside of these same 8 dungeons?

Well now you can watch even better players do these same 8 dungeons faster than you.

Did they change the dungeons at all? Nope.
Are there new affixes? Not even close.
Do you want to see someone show you how great a Mistweaver monk is in these? Too bad.

Welcome. To the GREAT PUSH!
(Our intern came up with the name after spending an hour in the bathroom following a cheese binge-eating contest, which is just as entertaining.)

10 Likes

I hope all participants have fun in their eSport extravaganza. I am sure someone will watch it on Twitch.

17 Likes

This didn’t go where I thought it was going to go.

To me, manipulating the game defeats the whole point of a contest as to who is the best. But that really isn’t what blizzard is after, they want views and potential new customers.

One of the things I enjoyed about the classic duel tourney was that there wasn’t any manipulation of the game. It was fun to watch the players use (and sometimes fail to use) the abilities given to them.

2 Likes

Thats the big difference here. I dont watch the mdi because they dont play by the same rules as me. The races I can almost allow (in terms of what makes me enjoy watching) because people can change races and pick any race at any time generally speaking (biggest issue is that it would cost money to do so). However the covenant and ability swaps are just too much for me to care. There is no meaningful choice for the esport but they want to force it on us in the live game.

In all other games i know that what I play in my free time is what the pros are playing in the pro scene (aside from tournament patch changes but still as those changes are usually from a live patch that was played).

In wow esports I know they have tools that I do not have and dont think its a fair comparison to what I am experiencing in the live game so its not fun for me to watch.

2 Likes

Im genuinely curious to see the numbers. If I recall, last time there were more people watching Asmongold at the same time the tournament was on lmao

1 Like

I still wouldn’t watch them even if they were around back then. I’d rather play the game than watch someone else play it.

If we’re being honest. I can’t bring myself to care if their eSports are successful or not. I find game streaming of all sorts to be boring. Blizzard really wants eSports to be successful. It is all insanity after all these years.

1 Like

Quoting for emphasis

In a good esport, the pros and the regular players are still playing the same game.

3 Likes

Why must this title run on? The Great Push? Blizzard you seem overly retentive. Maybe if you sit it out, relax and let it come when it’s time, you won’t have any need for a Great Push.

4 Likes

ppl actually care for this? interesting.

1 Like

Give us 9.1

4 Likes

/yawn

Tenchars

Ah yes, the great bowel movement from Blizzard trying to shoehorn E-sports into a MMO.

Meanwhile Covenants remain unbalanced and bad players are screeching for their welfare epics.

5 Likes

dead game.

2 Likes

I mean, they must know there is a HUGE audience for this when they schedule it to start in the middle of a Friday (noon here, and 1pm on the east coast), and they can guarantee some number of viewership during that timeframe, rather than starting in the evening…

1 Like

could you guys please push more pvp than mythic dungeons. seriously…

3 Likes

The great push sounds like giving birth or taking a hard dump.

1 Like

Which team playing the exact same comp will win?!

:open_mouth:

2 Likes