Issues with WOW

I cannot connect to the game. When I do get in I am booted back out or when I use a teleport or flight person i get dropped from the sky, and die. When I try for an instance, I either can’t get in or I can’t get out. Can I get some some assistance to fix it?

Things you can try:

• Restart your modem
  • Restart your computer
  • Full UI reset (if you pursue any troubleshooting in the support forums, they’ll likely ask for this. it’s reversible!)
  • Wait and see if it improves the next day (the usual case with routing issues)
  • Try the tech support forum

Resetting the WoW User Interface

Technical Support

What is a UI?

It’s an acronym for User Intertace. :slight_smile:

I have tried technical support. I don’t know how to run the stuff that needs to go in the boxes.I am not a computer wiz. the last time I tried YOUR battlenet support , it said my phone# had no numbers in it!

I am old and need help. i love the game,when it works right. it has been like this since last Tuesday Feb. 19, 2019. I have restarted and restarted the modem. it still won’t let me in.

Hello Norajan,

I’m not a Blizzard employee, just another player such as yourself. :slight_smile:

If you’d like help running the stuff that goes into the boxes, I can try to walk you through the process if you can copy and paste the instructions Blizzard’s supplying.

Alternately, Blizzard does have a live chat available between 7a and 8p PST.

Contact Support > Account, App, & Shop > Connection problem > Select a Channel
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/808/1204/channels

As it sounds like Blizzard may not have all your account details correct, you may wish to contact them to correct that as well.

I would love the help

Hello Norajan,

I’m sorry it took so long for me to get back here! Anyway:

What are you trying to do right now (e.g. contact Blizzard, UI reset, something else?), and which step is giving you trouble?

Are you using a Mac or Windows PC?

Windows / I did the UI reset but didn’t help.

Hello Norajan,

I understand you’ve tried the following:

• Waiting several days
  • Restarting your computer
  • Restarting your modem
  • Full UI reset

Therefore, I’m going to assume you’re trying to contact Technical Support at this point.

You mentioned earlier you had some difficulty trying to run the stuff that needs to go in the boxes; per Blizzard’s ticketing process, they ask for:

1. A screenshot (optional)
  2. A traceroute (optional)
  3. Computer type (in your case, Windows)
  4. A DXDIAG file
  5. An MSINFO file
  6. A short description of your issue

I don’t believe the screenshot is valuable in your case, but I would absolutely include a traceroute.

Blizzard has support articles available:

Note: Obtaining System Files (above link) includes instructions for obtaining both the DXDIAG and MSINFO files.

Can you identify which version of Windows you’re using (usually 7 or 10), and which step(s) you need help with?

1 Like

how do I make Wow to a windowed setting and not full page?

Hello Norajan,

You’ll want to:

1. Open the Game Menu
  2. Select System
  3. Under Display Mode, select Windowed
  4. Click on Okay

Cheers.

Thanks but I still can’t get in. This is getting rediculous. I just want to play.

Hello Norajan,

I understand it must be very frustrating. I would be frustrated too, were I in your shoes.

Can you detail exactly what you’re attempting, what you’re seeing, what’s happening in steps - paint a picture in words, so to speak?

I’m afraid I’m unclear on what you’re trying to do (e.g. contact Blizzard? Collect information? Adjust the window?) and where you’re stuck in the process.

I had a lot of trouble myself with an older laptop. I finally ended up changing my Direct X 12 to Direct X 11, and it is working very well.

Also, make sure if you are using any add ons, you update them. Try running the game with no add ons.

on other thing to check on (didnt see it listed I may be blind)
see if there is an update for your network card.
go into device manager and see what the date is on it. and then run update driver)