Issues with the new Revival Catalyst - READ BEFORE USING IT!

I have discovered a new bug with the Revival Catalyst. I submitted a bug report to Blizzard detailing the issues, and I wanted to post here to help warn people and prevent future issues.

Here is what happened. I had a 402 Waterburst Helm from Temple of the Jade Serpent Mythic + on my Evoker. I had a crap vault one week so I ended up taking the coins you get from the vault in order to buy a Storm-Charged Manipulator Socket item for my helm since the blue post here - The Revival Catalyst is Coming Next Week - Said that sockets would transfer over. I used the Catalyst on my helm and well… my socket vanished.

However GMs were VERY Helpful and gave me another Storm-Charged Manipulator and a new bug arose ontop of the previous one. My helm is now ineligible for a Socket. It would not let me add the socket to my helm anymore.

Before people say “Of course the added socket would not transfer over” - The GM said that this indeed WAS A bug, and it should have transferred over and they’re working on it, however I now need to submit another ticket saying my Tier Helm is now ineligible for a socket. I thought I would warn the masses before they tried to use the Catalyst on an item they added a socket to.

Catalyst your item FIRST and THEN add the socket. Or else you might lose the socket and the ability to socket it in the future.

3 Likes

This is so bad. The same bug was happening in SL with some tertiaries. Fix your shiz bliz

4 Likes