Issues with the LFG Tool

Disclaimer: This is not a post about RDF, it is a post about the problems with the current LFG tool.

• Role selection is not working properly. The roles people have on their talent windows is sometimes different to the roles on the LFG window, and it is common seeing incorrect role/class combinations.
  • It is not possible to resize the window, so browsing through the list of entries is cumbersome.
  • When leading a group, there is no information about players who request invite. Only the name is given, and you have to then take additional steps to figure out their class/spec/role. Additionally, if you are queued for multiple dungeons, there is no way of knowing what they are trying to join without asking them first.
  • Filtering and sorting through group listings is cumbersome and inefficient. There is no “select all” button or “deselect all” button when trying to choose instances from the dropdown in the group listings pane.
  • The group listing page is not updated in real time, and requires manual refreshes to see up-to-date information.

Personally I have found more success using the LFG bulletin board, and I have mostly been using this LFG tool just to allow me to post in the /lfg channel.

1 Like

No, this is a post about an inferior tool that is poorly designed. Why change what worked so well, RDF is perfect. Put it back in the game !

4 Likes

Yea I get that the majority want RDF but their EGOS are way to inflated to allow that to happen.

So at least they could fix the glaring issues with the LFG tool now.

I brought this up in another thread. Especially in lower-level dungeons, there are hunters being listed as tanks.

I was then promptly told that this was a “user error”.

So, um, not sure if they’re going to fix it when members of this community will defend a clearly broken tool.

RDF is the most logical answer but blizzard isn’t about that life.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.