Issues with archaeology in new patch?

Got a couple of addons complaining about RESEARCH_ARTIFACT_HISTORY_READY being an unknown event and RequestArtifactCompletionHistory a nil value. They’re not my addons, but the commonality makes me wonder if I could maybe fix them given enough info. Anyone got suggestions?

It was only being used by Blizz to run a a call to

self.currentFrame:UpdateFrame()

Which has been moved elsewhere in their OnEvent code.

Depending on what the addons are using it for you might be able to just remove the RegisterEvent code or move any addon code to other events.

The conditions where it WAS fired are listed here:

I was getting this error after 10.1.5 and although it gave a list of addons i tracked it down to Rarity. The release version hasn’t been updated since 10.0.2 but there have been a few alpha builds since. The latest one fixed the problem for me.

Well, I can’t blame Rarity… don’t have that one. Mine are coming from Altoholic and Wowhead Looter, with the Altoholic errors seeming to refer to AceAddon libraries.

Here’s the shortest of them:

1x wlFrame:RegisterEvent(): wlFrame:RegisterEvent(): Attempt to register unknown event "RESEARCH_ARTIFACT_HISTORY_READY"
[string "=[C]"]: in function `RegisterEvent'
[string "@+Wowhead_Looter/Wowhead_Looter.lua"]:5236: in function <+Wowhead_Looter/Wowhead_Looter.lua:5228>

Locals:
(*temporary) = wlFrame {
 0 = <userdata>
}
(*temporary) = "RESEARCH_ARTIFACT_HISTORY_READY"

FWIW, my skill level in fixing this is that I can open the files and make changes if I know exactly what to put where.

For Altoholic:

you need to comment out the call to RequestArtifactCompletionHistory in line 601 in the currencies module.
https://legacy.curseforge.com/wow/addons/altoholic/issues/1468

That would be:

DataStore_Currencies/DataStore_Currencies.lua

Line 601

Change:

RequestArtifactCompletionHistory()

To:

-- RequestArtifactCompletionHistory()
1 Like

That was it! Thank you Elvenbane! And Gildina and Fizzlemizz!

I am (for now) error free!

I made that change, double-checked it, and I’m still getting the same error. It is coming from Altoholic’s Datastore, not from Rarity. Any ideas?

1 Like

I was getting this error, but in both datastore_currencies and datastore_crafts.

I made the change on line 601 as described in the currencies file and then did the same thing, adding “–” to lines 825, 826, and 827 within the datasores_crafts lua file. This stopped my lua errors from datastore

Of course, also make sure you save the file after you make the update and before you reload your ui.

Problem was still happening for me, found this post, and after following what Elvenbane, and then Eeyore said it seems to be fine. So, maybe a little bump since it’s still an issue.

I had to comment out the Archeology stuff in the DataStore_Crafts.lua and the DataStore_Currencies.lua. That removed both of my errors. I only had this error on my one character that actually had old Archeology skill points, too.