Issues loading armory character image in Chrome (Mac)

Typically when I load an armory profile in chrome, there are no issues, but for the last week or so the character images don’t load. I have tried it on three different Mac computers with three different OS versions. I have ensured the browser is updated, restarted the computer, cleared cache/cookies/web data, disabled ad blockers, etc. The images load in Safari and Firefox (albeit slowly). If I download the character image, it is visible in the downloaded PNG.

If I view the source code in the “SummaryCharacter-render” div and hover over that image source, the PNG is blank in Chrome, but visible in Firefox, so I think something is not working correctly for the Chrome browser, at least for Mac.

1 Like

I am having this same issue as well. Character’s Armory images aren’t loading, as in to look at their transmog, however everything else is working fine; Character Tab, Achievements Tab, etc. It’s only their character Armory image.

I’m using Chrome on a PC and have been having this issue over the last week or so.

2 Likes

I decided to check it out on my phone using Safari, and the character images are loading just fine. It seems to only be affecting Google Chrome I guess.

2 Likes

I’m having the same exact issues! You’re definitely not alone in this.

1 Like

I think I noticed a pattern this morning. I was very confused why it sometimes works and not others. Usually the character pages linked from the armory search or the “My characters” page load in without a / character after the name such as “us/realm/charactername” but if I click to the achievement tab and back to the character tab, the URL includes the / afterwards as “us/realm/charactername/” and the character image shows there. So as a workaround, if you click back and forth between char/achieve links or just add a / after your character name, it will hopefully work for you until it is fixed. The Safari and Firefox links do not seem affected in this manner, as they display either way. Hopefully the devs can take a look at this also. It’s possible there is some internal link structure reference that is only recognizing the URL with the / in it.

Edit: I tried to link the differences, but they both load in without the /. Looks like you also can’t add a / after because it removes it from the URL. Going back and forth between the achieve tab looks like the only option.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I will give this a try :slight_smile:

Edit: it’s definitely a workaround, I can confirm this works but geez how tedious, especially when you want to see multiple armories back to back. Once again thanks for the discovery Marwenaa. Hopefully, the devs fix this!

2 Likes

I’m having this issue with chrome too (on a windows computer). I’ve noticed this for at least a week. Firefox works fine.

1 Like

Yep, this “fixed” it. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m not using a Mac, and I haven’t seen my toon’s armory pic, or anybody else’s, in weeks. I used to, but not anymore. And everything I’ve read on how to fix this hasn’t worked.

Quite odd.

Next day EDIT: Sonofagun - it’s back. All by itself, my pic is back. All the armory pics are back. Maybe I should’ve made this post weeks ago.

Quite odder.

1 Like

Looks like it’s working for me now. Character profile images load fine.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the same here! Seems to loading the first time, every time now. /shrug

1 Like

Same here! Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile: