Issue Getting Geared

I’m coming back to the game after a couple months away, and that leaves me with a pretty low gear average. The thing that makes me feel really stuck is I don’t have any friends that play the game, so I get rejected from every group, which leaves my only options farming bgs.

Is there any way for me to get geared up and competitive? Should I tank??

I’d appreciate any feedback or advice.

1 Like

If you get into Zereth Mortis, you can buy catch up gear for anima. 350 anima per gear slot, and it’s at 226.

Then from there, do an around the world run (every m0 dungeon), and that’ll net 236 gear. And from there, work your own keystone up (can’t get rejected from your own group). And also Raid finder gives 239-246 gear as well

It’s not the greatest nor the fastest, but it’s a start.

3 Likes

Run ur own groups / m+ - get high enough gear worth spending on catalyst turning into teir then do more groups / raids .

the best way to get quick and ez gear is m+ imo best u run ur own keys and groups even put in title for completion if not great at keys .

You can even buy gear 229 and crafted gear for a head start

Also on the note of buying gear: you can purchase and wear (1) piece of 262 gear and usually for fairly cheap. To help boost ilvl at the very least.

And Zereth Mortis quest lines also drop 226-233 gear and a lot of the world quests have 233-236 gear.

And you can get gear from treasures and rares in Zereth Mortis as well.

If you want, add me on Bnet and I can run through a few dungeons with ya and help funnel you gear (I’ve got plate toons on either factions)

Demascuss#1248

2 Likes

If you don’t already know how to tank then you should definitely not try to tank as a returning player who is under geared. Worse than not being invited to parties is thinking the party can carry a tank. They can’t. And you will waste people keys. This is a reportable offfense under blizzard’s player code of conduct (throwing) and activision will enforce it.

For tanks, the free gear is not enough. They need to be itemized. So you would have to take that free gear, and run a bunch of heroics with it (same ilvl) until you get the stats required to do your job.

You don’t have to do that as a DPS because as long as you’re doing what you’re supposed to (interrupting abilities, not pulling or standing in fire, etc), most people don’t care if your stats are actually what they’re supposed to be. Are what’s actually going to enable you to correctly DPS.

From the pvp side the best thing to do right now until Tuesday reset is Comp Stomp. 5min wins for 400+ honor. On average im gearing all my alts via Comp Stomp within a single day at full 7/7 upgraded in every slot. Then if your feeling spicy you can pop Warmode for boosted ilvl.

Honor gear maxed at 7/7 is 242ilvl outside of Warmode btw

There’s a difference in wasting a key because you simply aren’t equipped to handle it and wasting it intentionally. If he gets into groups and faceplants as a tank, he’s not going to be actioned. The intent isn’t to dump the key and screw people over.

1 Like

Again…the fastest ways, at least until Tuesday, is Comp Stomp period as a returning player especially if you havent done anything Zereth Mortis.

Bahahaha no it isn’t and no they won’t.

If not knowing how to tank/learning it/being rusty were cause for reporting via ‘throwing’, you’d already be getting actioned for that ridiculously troll talent setup.

2 Likes

Lol.

Who is this clown.

1 Like

Hang in there…get into ZM…start working your cypher machine quickly - the higher your level, the higher ilvl drops in WQ and from NPCs/Chests.

I got one lucky weapon drop and the rest of it came from just playing.

I am like 254 ish…enough to get into most content that I want to run.

I am still not exalted with the ZM folks either so it doesn’t mean you have to play constantly.

100% done solo.

Good luck

Go look at the other thread where he explains why his talent setup is superior to all of the top prot warriors (he hasn’t timed higher than a +6)

1 Like

Run lots of low level keys just to get mythic pieces, convert your set bonus over asap with the creation catalyst! Make sure you get your world tour of mythic 0s done too.

That helped me a lot. I’m still not “geared” but I don’t have many issues getting into +5s and +6s now.

Good luck!

Grizzle- not bad. I think the current pvp elo items are all at about 255 or so. And the weekly reward from mythic plus dungeons is also 255 while the LFR weekly cache is respectively 233.