Island Expedition Rewards update 8.1

I mean, sure, that’s your experience. As usual, experiences vary. One of those folks I run with has a bank full of pets that we can’t yet cage because he keeps getting them. Plus side to next Tuesday for the rest of us is that we’ll be up those pets since he’ll cage them and send them over to us as soon as he can.

We tried running some heroics to see if we saw a difference in rewards, most of those ended with none of us getting anything. The majority of rewards we’ve gotten have been out of normals, and because of that we just focus on running those now. Most of what we get is pretty worthless to us though, because we’ve already got it or it doesn’t sell. I’m actually more than happy to get dubloons out of every expedition though, prepping cap for the vendor.

Like I said, it’s just a difference in experience. I’m not knocking yours by any means, just acknowledging that mine has been different.

Are you claiming there is no difference in drop rate and quality of items between normal and heroic ? There wasn’t at one time but there sure is now.

Blizzard has actually stated there is…

This change is coming in 8.1 or in effect now?

It is already effective.

You have a source on this?

I have made no such claim. I was only giving a different perspective from my experience doing island expeditions.

I knew you would ask this - it was in a tweet and I remember it because what they said was something to the effect ’ as you already know’ the higher the difficulty. I may look it up but it is dinner time know so who knows if I will feel like it after.

OK this was what was said back early Nov

One problem I see in Island Expeditions is the lack of perception on rewards. How do you plan to fix that, so that people might want to do harder difficulties?

PW : So one of the little known things that I can spell for you here, is that on higher level difficulties, you do have a higher channce of obtaining loot from different creatures. Although, I don’t show up to your house with the game and explain that to you, and it is a deficit of the system, the obsfucation of how difficult it is to tell what drops loot and how difficult it is to get the loot, especially with all those mounts and pets and transmogs, and all this awesome. It ended up being an experiment for us that did not really work out like we wanted it to. We’re looking at ways to better target loot in the future and get what you want from the system.

Still not the thing I saw but confirmation higher is more.

It’s in the post I linked

The one I was thinking of was earlier than that I believe.

Yeah, I see the change for 8.1 but I don’t see it for the current live expeditions.

Though I find my interest in Island Expeditions to be on the rather low side of things, these changes will definitely see me doing more of them now so I’ll take it as a win for me.

Well, it relieves some tension between players who just want to complete their weekly vs those who just want to farm pets and such so it’s probably a good change.

1 Like

I’m not the biggest fan of islands in its current state and have done nearly the bare minimum. With that said, these changes have motivated me to go hard in 8.1. I like their new philosophy on how islands should be played and I really like the new rewards (specifically the gold) and the vendor addition.

That chance grew based on how much invaders’ Azerite was obtained, and was also a higher chance in Heroic and even higher in Mythic difficulty Islands.

^This is referring to LIVE in the post. They go on again to mention that’s how it will also be in 8.1

Thanks, I see now. I have done tons of IE’s and have found Normal to be the best for loots. This might be how fast I can get the invasions currently and wipe them out.

Simply don’t do what you don’t find fun.

I avoided all the Dailies in Mop, because I hated em. And for that, I enjoyed the expansion more.

I welcome it. I do about 7-10 island expeditions a week and honestly, walking away with nothing but coins the vast majority of times makes them more of a boring chore than a exciting event.

Blizzard ramping up the rewards will help them be more easily digestible to the community. I may even like them when there is a reason to do them outside of the AP weekly.

I found that originally but not recently. They did mentioned something in that information that OP linked about doing them faster and maybe that is a factor, ie. just like mythic plus if you do faster more rewards.

I am having to rely on pug groups now and with all the people leveling up in them very often they are anything but fast.

Hey that’s a feature I can get behind. As a collector the conveluted drop issues left a bad taste in my mouth. This appears to be a good change so I might come back into the game to check it out. If I go many runs without seeing a drop I’ll step back out.

I’ve been chain-running IEs lately for the rewards, and even though we figured out how the current reward system works and how to increase our chances of getting loot, I am very hyped for this new change.

I don’t mind grinding for loot drops - the fact that I am getting HoA updates along the way is a nice bonus, but mostly I’m Here For The Pets. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like