Is xp-off it's own bracket again?

Tried queuing for a wsg bg on an xp -off toon get no average wait time… Switch to a character with xp-on and got average wait time?

Are twinks back in their own bracket of xp off?

2 Likes

they were allowed off?

twinks were given bracket so they wouldnt make non twinks have a disadvantage.

5 Likes

Ah, so it was so little of a nuisance to you that you didn’t notice? Bargains the question as to why it needs to be separate

5 Likes

It doesn’t need to be separate.

Twinks have always equalized each other out, and allowed for fun side content which contained its own microcosm of theorycrafting, community-building (I myself own a 700+ member community in the 50-59 bracket - a fairly SMALL bracket), and groups of friends.

Hell, some people including myself have spent over 10 years twinking, and have commited some major time and money sinks into the creation of our twinks.

If this change goes through, that would be devastating to a HUGE chunk of the WoW population.

Blizzard, we are begging you, do not return us back to the dark ages.

11 Likes

If this is true, it makes me very sad. There are many better solutions to creating a more balanced low level pvp environment. Blizz could limit the number of xp off characters in a premade bg group, they could force xp off characters to queue as mercenary, or they could give lower level characters a small template boost. These are just a few ideas off the top of my head.

What is the difference between someone turning xp off and someone enchanting boa items and leveling through bgs? Then deleting the character when they reach a higher level and start over again.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong.
If this doesn’t get reverted… honestly… with how disgusting max level is atm and how bad trash for azeroth is… all the twinks are probs just gunna quit ay… I know I am. And almost every twink I know… ( hundreds )

3 Likes

It should be separate. If your idea of a good time is crushing people with a fraction of the HP/damage as you, you have zero rights to complain about endgame.

37 Likes

It should be separate. If your idea of a good time is crushing people with a fraction of the HP/damage as you, you have zero rights to complain about endgame.

Our idea of a good time is pvp. We just chose the bracket we wanted to stay in to do it. Do you know many twinks? I know a lot. I only know a handful that get any joy from crushing low-geared people. The vast majority of us play for the thrill of multi-twink fights, against fellow twinks.

Why do you think Blizzard added the ability to disable your experience? A little history lesson… it was in response to them adding experience to BGs. They knew people enjoyed staying lower level and competing in micro-brackets. The tables got flipped on us over time, and now we’re here.

1 Like

That would suck. I only shut xp off to finish past content quests and achieves, which includes the occasional BG. I don’t understand the complaint with Twinks - it’s like every other aspect of the game… want to hold your own? Put in the effort to get some gear and spend some gold to add a few enchants.

It like if every aspect of the game isn’t faceroll someone has to come and cry about it on the forums.

Don’t like some difficulty? Do the nerfed to pointlessness questing and PvE leveling content.

1 Like

I consider myself to be a pretty casual player at the moment and this is just stupid. It’s TOTALLY done for the casuals who were complaining.

It isn’t going to help PVP. Most of the twinks will probably just stop PVPing in those brackets which means less players.

Again Blizz is just hurting themselves.

1 Like

If this is true I’m glad, twinks need to stay away from the levelers in bgs. Also since new players are always doing low level bgs and them doing their first bgs ever against a team full of twinks is gonna be a horrible experience. If there actually is separate brackets again, it was a good thing on Blizzard to do.

17 Likes

Isn’t that what is happening here however? So twinks can only fight against other twinks? without undergeared Lowbies being stuck in the middle.

Don’t tell me that’s part of the fun, as a person who recently joined the game being in fights against twinks while leveling via pvp was very unpleasant

8 Likes

Isn’t that what is happening here however? So twinks can only fight against other twinks? without undergeared Lowbies being stuck in the middle.

No, the patch did not have the intended effects. That’s what I’ve been saying.

We can’t fight against ourselves even if we tried.

Since when were twinks a “HUGE chunk of the WoW population”?

11 Likes

Since when were twinks a “HUGE chunk of the WoW population”?

Depends on the context. Yes, compared to the rest of the population we’re small, and have been marginalized and vilified. As you can see the stigma is real and most people here don’t even understand what has actually happened here. That says a lot.

But standing alone, we’re a large population. And almost everyone I’ve spoken to about this has expressed they’re probably going to cancel their subs.

So yeah we might be less than 5% of the population of WoW but that’s still 5% of millions.

Don’t tell me that’s part of the fun, as a person who recently joined the game being in fights against twinks while leveling via pvp was very unpleasant

It’s part of the fun.

edit - Believe me, most of us have build rivalries, competitions between each other and tbh we don’t really LIKE levelers being in the mix.

Ask any career twink, they’ll likely say the same.

Then you should not mind being placed in a separate bracket, if the community is as big as you say then blizzard should fix their matchmaking system instead of removing separate queue’s just for twinks

6 Likes

Then you should not mind being placed in a separate bracket, if the community is as big as you say then blizzard should fix their matchmaking system instead of removing separate queue’s just for twinks

I honest to God don’t mind if they do that. But right now either twinks don’t populate brackets enough to create games amongst each other - or it’s bugged.

4 Likes

They obviously do not give a flying f about pvp balance… Look at pvp at 120, why would they seperate twinks?

Really? its not that bad. You just save your marks and get the gear from the pvp vendor going into each bracket. Wallah you are competitive.