Is wow still the most played pvp with open world attached to it?

Since league, CS2, fornite and all others like are only instanced game that reset every game with the only progress in them being a given rank to face better players and unlock skins to fight others players with cooler weapons. Is there another pvp game that i dont know about that has more pvpers with an open world attached to it to live into and be able to compete with others as well as being able to play without forcibly pvp all the time ?

Runescape? :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Fortnite is main stream.
Kids talk about it in school.
They “hang out” at night by playing Fortnite.

Meanwhile WoWs PVP is a less than sizeable slither of the overall community.

New World use to have decent wpvp. Last time I played it was pretty lame tho.

A lot of people went fortnight or first person shooter. Wow PvP is fairly non existent anymore.

ESO id say arguably has more pvp players than wow & you’re unable to world pvp outside of the world pvp zone.

Purely fiction btw i have no clue what the numbers are just ESO has a lot of players

Games super clunky but all of its executions on ideas is amazing imo.

“Open world” - so you’re looking for another mmo that also has pvp.

Currently WoW is still the most popular mmo out there afaik. PvP may not be at it’s peak like it used to be but it’s still really far from dead compared to other games.

Other mmos are like Guild Wars 2, ESO, Runescape? All much lower player counts for sure.

All the most popular games these days are basically Fortnite + FPS games. Instanced shooters. Easy for casual gamers to pick up and you can just hop in a short queue and be in a game.

I miss RIFT PvP

2 Likes

I miss nothing about rift, except for the joy I felt when it closed. Oddly enough, I miss Star Wars galaxies, cause of the space combat.

This isnt disputable. Wows king. But i do wonder since our pvp playerbase is the smallest of fractions of our large playerbase, if other smaller mmos dont actually have more pvp players just by having a larger slice of their respective pie.

Example being i guess ESO, 3m MAU in 2021. Idk if that has gone up or down. Gw2 for all I know has an active pvp scene

I’m pretty sure FFXIV has a higher sub count than wow, but I’ve heard the pvp is pretty hit or miss. Personally i could never get over how clunky combat feels compared to wow

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the big thing for me. WoW is SO smooth compared to other games. It’s really been perfected. Class design/balance is one thing but the fluidity of the game and control over your character is unmatched.

2 Likes

I am not looking for an mmo specifically. Ive heard elden ring was open world and had pvp but ive never seen it so im not very sure about it and doubt it has pvp. If it does then its probably better than wow since its open world and won game of the year. If you have any idea of any open world game with pvp im still looking for something that plays like wow BFA/shadowlands. I might try path of exile if it has pvp, i heard its like bfa/shadowlands.

Goated comment

MINECRAFT :astonished:

1 Like

Rust is pretty big and it’s entirely open world pvp focused.

That’s more an illusion than anything, since there is only a couple of shards to house all pvp within Cyro or IC.
So you’re getting to see basically the entire community at once during prime times in those 3 versions of the war zone.

Elden ring has pvp, but it’s closer to dueling than anything

1 Like

14’s pvp is so bad. Classes don’t matter and everyone gets the same skill tree.

that makes sense. So it’s a few thousand then and probably lower than wow by a fair bit.

also long time no see.

1 Like