Is wow going extinct

I’d be remiss to say the game isn’t already ending due to not just FFXIV, but internal issues. But at the way things are going, does anyone else see Rockstar gaming, whos video game GTA5 lasts 9+ years and does so insanely well still that they created more time to buff GTA6 just destroying wow with some of its addicting immersive game missions? If gta5/6 comes out with a magic-esk healer/magic mini mode that scratches “ pvp, dungeons and dragons ” itch like the alien gun they have in the game…:cold_face: I worry for the games remnants…

2 Likes

…I see Rockstar not actually making anything new so long as they can keep churning out monetized online content, which might, over time, fully eradicate single player content that I vastly prefer from them, much like what happened with Call of Duty. Sucks because RDR2 was a rare gem, almost a perfect game, and Bully is an amazing game.

3 Likes

Google “shady things rockstar wants you to forget about”

Now, go ahead and find an ethical gaming company that makes more than 50k a year. I won’t wait, because you will not.

2 Likes

I stopped reading after I saw FFXIV

15 Likes

They won’t stop because they make bank off of both. Call of Duty sells a lot, it’s true, but it’s not even close to GTA5 numbers.

2 Likes

I’m not going to walk back my true statement that FFXIV plays a part in wows lower player retention. Aloof is the person who plays an online game to enter feedback threads screaming “leave me lonely.” Then why don’t u play a single player game to appear logically consistent? That’s like be going to a party and telling everyone to keep their voices down so I can’t discern if they’re having a good time or not… that being said why do you have a forums account considering you find this to be wows prime growth :woozy_face::joy:

Not it’s because people buy shark cards and cars…

Also known as:

Imgur

5 Likes

I feel Like the perfect storm has hit wow, but it is recoverable, take the game back to original idea and let this internal stuff pass, and wow will be fine, they also need to quit listening to Content Creators and Elitists’ that will bail as soon as game fails due to their recommendations also as soon as their subs drop, and concentrate on what the actual players want and not what they think elitist and content creators want.

This kind of thing happened in Ultima Online, the elitist demanded change, when change came everyone else quit playing. Just my opinion.

1 Like

It won’t extinct.
Look at the game like Sims 4 for example. EA is not even maintaining it anymore. A small studio that’s part of EA is. It’s like 10 people working on Sims 4. They still develop new xpacs once a year or so. No one is expecting much. It is not a cash cow, so having a small group work on it works out just fine. Even some money is better than no money.

So, the worst case scenario, WoW is going to go HOTS/Sims 4 mode - a small dedicated team will continue it’s upkeep for the smaller audience.

WoW is a massive IP. Probably one of the biggest ones out there. If not the biggest. The source code alone is probably worth millions after millions $$$. It won’t get abandoned, as it is Blizzard’s flagship.

The only other thing that may happen to WoW in the near future, is a total sink. The storm is here for that to happen. I see it as there are 2 paths to continue.

1. Nothing changes.
  2. Entire team gets re-organized, new director in place and take the course of FF Reborn to an extend. Just do things differently.

i already knew blizz’s ethics was in the tuber 25 years ago, i still play their games because i don’t mix political views with who i shop with, if i boycott every company i don’t agree with, i would starve from starvation because a business exists for one purpose only, to profit, if you can’t handle the reality of this, then your parents needs to unsub you, kick you out of the house, change the locks, and make you earn money for a year, then be allowed to come back once you understand how economics works

1 Like

Wow is on a decline and it will continue. Blizzard will continue to add more pay walls. The playerbase will eventually hit a floor and wow will be free to play with pay to win

I think I’ll just link these from now one in all the “Is wow dying” threads

1 Like

WOW has been closed for years.

What game have you been playing?

World of Warcraft ended a long time ago man. You’re not even here.

This is all a dream.

If you are referring to by the way the dinosaurs went I don’t think so but the drought of natural disaster is more like a slow agonizing death,it could be if the climate doesn’t change for the good .

There’s also the fact that many MMOs are still going strong with less than half WoW’s player base.

You mean the same reason why Bethesda hasn’t had urgency in making TES6 because Skyrim is still making them a decent amount of money?

1 Like

You will be hearing from M. Night Shyamalan’s lawyers.

you get bad vault loot op? lol

Eh. I doubt Skyrim makes anywhere near as much as gta5 does. Plus, Skyrim is kinda garbage game. You need like 90 mods to make it good but even after that you’re left with road bandits in Daedric plate armour. So stupid.