Is Warthin going to be a mini Expansion or at least last for only 12-18 months?

Metzen said Blizz is trying to make more faster expansion, does this mean Warthin, Midnight and Titan are going to be Mini Expansions?

We don’t know yet.

Personally I could see them dropping down to 18 month cycles. That would mean we’d ostensibly get the same amount of content as Sl and DF, but without the Fated season “drought” since they’re developing all three of these at once more or less, so there’s no reason to delay.

1 Like

No info yet but they only said they want to put them out faster so we don’t wait decades for the story finale to come.

I do believe this is the case. I think we are going to have about 1 year expansions, 2 seasons then the next. It accomplishes 2 things.

1. The wow team can reset the story and focus on getting out of the current cluster they are in.
  2. Make more money selling expansions instead of patches.
1 Like

Humm for Warthin I could see we would get a Nerubian Raid, an Arathi (Scarlet Monastery) Raid and finally an Earthen/Black Empire/ Xalatath Raid.

Maybe. I doubt Xal’atath will die in 11.0 since she’ll almost certainly be the catalyst for the plot of Midnight.

We will probably just have 2 raids and Xal’atath moving into ‘Midnight’.

I like the theory someone posted on reddit about Xal is collecting the blood of the old gods to rebuild herself and that she will sacrifice herself to usher the age of the void.

They seem to be dedicated to shortening the cycle but I am not sure what will be possible without damaging the player experience.

On one hand, cutting expansions down to 15 to 18 months would go a long way towards stopping the long final patch droughts… on the other, it could make the expansion (as a whole) feel insignificant if it is not paced well.

A lot of people are calling DF a short expansion. 3 raids with a 4th flavor season.

These new xpacs could be the same pace as DF and still be considered short expansions.

That’s what I’m expecting.

3 raids + fated may be the new model.

The reason I don’t think they will be that long is he said 3 expansions over the next few years.

Maybe. I think there’s 0% chance that they will be every year though

18 months likely the shortest. Would be 3 seasons.

Blizz has stated these are going to be full expansions. Figure at least 3 raid teir with 3 major content patches with a 4th story patch betwen expansions.

Also shoukd be done by 2030 for a time frame. That is 6 years of content.

1 Like

I’m not paying premium price for something that has 1/2 the content. We shall see how this plays out.

Also, Warthin :flushed::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Warthin?

Are those like wheat thins? Can I eat them?

5 Likes

Let’s not make “warthin” a thing, please. We put up with enough nonsense around here.

7 Likes

I may make an emoji that is cookies with Ws on them and be like “Warthins… best served warm” lol

2 Likes

I don’t doubt it, but do you have a source for that?

The Warthog Within

1 Like

Ion did say when talking about Delves that it would be different for “season 1, season 2, and so on” so it will at least have 2 or more seasons if his information is correct.