Is TWW PTR limited those who have purchased TWW?

Downloaded the TWW Pre-expansion PTR but when I start it, after it starts to log into the server (log in server I assume) I am receiving the message: Access to this realm requires a valid access license. (WOW51900337)

Note that I do not see a Account select drop down box under the Game Select box.

Yesterday I could log into the login server and see the server list but there where two sets of non-functional servers, Incompatible and Offline.

Is PTR access also limited to those who have purchased the TWW expansion?

That would make sense - the Pre-Patch PTR is running Release 11, so you’d need a valid license for that version of the game.

I have never not purchased an expansion, what happens when v11.x drops for those that decline to update?

Assuming it’s how it’s been handled in the past; you continue to have access to everything you have now in Dragonflight and the previous expansions.

Cool, my sub runs out in Dec/Jan’ish and I am looking forward to the transition event and the anniversary since they do not require me to go to the Dragon Isles.

No, you don’t need beta access, you don’t even need TWW or a valid sub to play PTR.

The reason you can’t play PTR is because the servers are down. These are the servers for the 11.0 PTR:

Fyrakk
Iridikron
Raszageth
Vyranoth

Once these are back up, you can pick one and play. If you get disconnected with an error saying you don’t have access, simply hit “reconnect” and it will bring up the server list. The reason you get the error is because it tries to connect you to beta realms when the PTR realms are down.

If the PTR realms are showing “incompatible”, then you need to run a scan/repair on your PTR install.

2 Likes